If you are the

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Boss and head instructor of your school, what is the pretocol for your students to follow when addressing instructor. Do theu come to you or do they go to the lowest person of the BB and so on and so on.
Terry

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Are you referring to concerns a student may have and whether they have to follow a "line of authority" to resolve these concerns?

- Ceicei

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Are you referring to concerns a student may have and whether they have to follow a "line of authority" to resolve these concerns?

- Ceicei

If they follow a line of authority to resolve.
Terry

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My view on that would be, we're not in the army, there is no chain of command, ask the person best suited to give you a answer.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, In our system, non-protcol call ,another then respect for each other. We always greet each other with hand-shakes and kind words.

The same for any person you meet. As Instructors we do do ask to call us as Instructor Gerald, or Professor Buell during class time.

Some systems...this can be very different...some are very concern with titles and ranks...and protcol.

For yours....ask and follow others...........Aloha

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I ask that students who have concerns about training first address their instructor. If the issue can't be resolved that way, they're always welcome to come to me.

monkey

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am the only teacher.I let my student go after about 8 months.This is collage town & lots of them are here only for a few months.So I figure any problems ect,gose threw me.I have only certified 2 as full instructors & the rest understand they get what they can & thats it.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Any available black belt will do but I am always available to answer questions for my students.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If it's a general MA question, we can ask anyone...our instructors, the BB's, the owners. No one minds if we ask more than one person the same question.

If it's an issue relating to the school, such as payment or attendance, those matters are dealt with strictly by the owners. The senior instructor can handle basic concerns, but the owners manage most business matters.

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
Students should always be comfortable enough to appraoch the chief instructor of the school about a concern or problem.

R. McLain