Ictf?

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of it? There's a teacher coming to my hometown who apparently teaches this and something called Hong Sang Mu Sa HapKiDo. Curious about who runs the ICTF, what it looks like, how it's run, etc. Can't even find any pictures of it.

OP
E

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks sir. Do you have any personal experience with the ITCF? I make it a point to be reasonably knowledgable about TaeKwonDo in general and I've never heard of them

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks sir. Do you have any personal experience with the ITCF? I make it a point to be reasonably knowledgable about TaeKwonDo in general and I've never heard of them

Since they are all former ITF guys, I have met many of the seniors / founders at various courses / events.

Since you are in Newfoundland are you acquainted with Master Scott Downey?

OP
E

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Only by name, I haven't met him yet since I'm WTF. He's more or less the pioneer of the ITF here, most of us associated with WTF when the time came. Master Downey is the one who got his 6th Dan from Gen. Choi ten-ish years ago correct?

So is ICTF pretty similar to ITF?

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Only by name, I haven't met him yet since I'm WTF. He's more or less the pioneer of the ITF here, most of us associated with WTF when the time came. Master Downey is the one who got his 6th Dan from Gen. Choi ten-ish years ago correct?

Im not sure of the details, but ill just mention that General Choi taught a retrospective style, which was embodied by the ITF. MANY of his Higher Ranked Students moved on to make their own Expansions, or seperate Organisations. The simplest way to find out is to see how He, or one of his Instructers, spells TKD.

Taekwon-Do or Tae Kwon-Do have an increased likelyhood of being closer to Choi's stylus.

OP
E

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He spells it Taekwon-Do as does the rest of the org. I was kind of guessing on an ITF-esque feel to it.

OP
E

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Alright. I'm hoping this is a WTF market then. :D.

If it isn't, I'll make it one.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score

All the top ICTF guys were ITF guys. Master Stanley, Exec. VP is a principle of Com Do that produced General Choi's CD ROM and DVDs

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Alright. I'm hoping this is a WTF market then. :D.

If it isn't, I'll make it one.
Not entirely sure what you mean by that... But sure, whatever makes you feel... Im confused.
I may be missing something here, but care to elaborate? :)

OP
E

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not entirely sure what you mean by that... But sure, whatever makes you feel... Im confused.
I may be missing something here, but care to elaborate? :)

I run a school too, mine's WTF, and the guy who's opening here as well is ICTF. I'm hoping I can have a better market for WTF TaeKwonDo than for ICTF TaeKwon Do

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I run a school too, mine's WTF, and the guy who's opening here as well is ICTF. I'm hoping I can have a better market for WTF TaeKwonDo than for ICTF TaeKwon Do
Oh, you mean like that.

Well, youve been there for longer, so chances are, unless theyre doing something fantastic, youll remain the more populated Dojang.

Latest Discussions