I live in Georgia

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
When I attended AIT at Fort Gordon in 91, it snowed. Aside from Fort Jackson, where I went through basic training, it snowed on me everywhere I went in the army. I thought it was me...

OP
clfsean

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Should have been here in 93!

(and no, I was not, either)

I was... been here since 69 with a couple of short term relocations in the early 70's courtesy of the parents.

Snow Jam 81!!!!
Blizzard 93!!!!
Ice Storm 00!!!

Still... not supposed to be like this! :soapbox:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
ROFLMAO!!!

I heard a lot of people in Florida say that last winter....

^_^

(but yeah, I am COLD...(a stone's throw west of the state line)

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
roads are terrible here right now, a lot of wrecks today. Much worse than what you have. It hasn't stopped since 6am.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
roads are terrible here right now, a lot of wrecks today. Much worse than what you have. It hasn't stopped since 6am.

well, it's relative: You are supposed to get snow. We are not prepared for it, EVER. I bet there is not a loaf of bread to be had in town tonight...nor a drop of milk.

We have no snow plows or ways to toss slat on the road...we do get snow it's on top of 3 weeks worth of rain, on top of 2 days of freezing rain...

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
We aren't supposed to really get snow for another month. But seriously, you all don't have salt or anything? Wow...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We aren't supposed to really get snow for another month. But seriously, you all don't have salt or anything? Wow...

well, the box in my cup board with the girl and the umbrella...
didn't make no ice cream this year, so not rock salt...(but I got cats, so I can use kitty litter)

but no, I don't think except for the northern most counties that are in the mountains...no salt, no plows...utter pandemonium when one snowflake appears on the horizon!

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I sincerely respect your point that "it`s not supposed to happen here"......that`s why people move down south in the first place. But I also live on an island where on a clear day you can take the train to Wakanai and look across the ocean to Siberia. (Why do I suddenly feel like Sarah Palin??????) You`ll be back on the road in a day, maybe two. In the meantime, enjoy a day off at home. We average 10 meters of snow a year and between Nov and April it`s like living on a glacier. Granted, it`s a glacier full of great seafood, world-class skiing, and hot babes in short skirts......but they don`t even plow the roads if there`s less than an 8 inch snowfall.