I guess the rest of the world doesn't love Obama anymore

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/fir...ession-tests-obamas-popularity-world-leaders/

Only nine months ago, when he addressed an estimated 200,000 people in Germany, Barack Obama was heralded as "president of the world."

From France to Poland, from the Czech Republic to China, many nations are rebuffing the president and offering little wiggle room for him to negotiate economic and security policies.

"I think Obama's trip to Europe next week is going to be critically important in terms of how he is perceived as a statesman on the world stage," Gardiner said, "and this is a make-or-break trip for the new president at time when many are questioning American global leadership."

Hmmm, I thought they loved this guy.

-Rob

OP
Thesemindz

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Preaching to the choir there bro. :)

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have real, objective discussions of the pros and cons, and costs, of our decisions without all the vitriol and histrionics? Then we could actually try to solve problems instead of arguing about them.

Of course, I know it's silly. We all know solving problems isn't what they're interested in.

-Rob

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
They are posturing and maximizing their bargaining positions before the horse trading begins in earnest. Most of the world likes Obama well enough, but national interests are at stake.

OP
Thesemindz

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They are posturing and maximizing their bargaining positions before the horse trading begins in earnest. Most of the world likes Obama well enough, but national interests are at stake.

I think you're exactly right.

They don't have a problem with massive spending, they just want in on some of the schwag they see coming down the river.

So for now, they're talking tough, that way Obama has to "buy" his way back into their good graces, either with cash or favors.

At our expense.

-Rob

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
And we care what the rest of the world thinks of us, why?

Being a nation is not a popularity contest.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Popularity is a fickle thing.

That's true in most areas of human endeavor.... be it European political opinion or New York City sports fans. Media fanned frenzies devour a lot of once popular celebs with depressing frequency...... All of which shows the true value of popularity as being 0 dollars and 0 sense (cents).

Latest Discussions