I almost had a freakin' heart attack!!!

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
George Ohashi recently wrote on his web page that Soke would not be teaching after Daikomyosai this year!! He doesn't however seem to be saying that Soke is retiring, just that he will be laying low for the remainder of the year (which, after all, means for less than a full month).

As long as he isn't retiring for good, I guess there is still hope...? One thing's for certain, I'm going back to Japan some time this year before Daikomyosai.

Dale Seago

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nimravus said:
George Ohashi recently wrote on his web page that Soke would not be teaching after Daikomyosai this year!! He doesn't however seem to be saying that Soke is retiring, just that he will be laying low for the remainder of the year (which, after all, means for less than a full month).

As long as he isn't retiring for good, I guess there is still hope...? One thing's for certain, I'm going back to Japan some time this year before Daikomyosai.

He was being too precise in his wording, that's all. He just meant that Sensei was not going to teach his regular Friday night class at Hombu following the 3 days of Daikomyosai training at Ayase. He didn't teach on Friday after the April Tai Kai or the preceding year's Daikomyosai either, so that wasn't really unexpected.

And, ninja that he is, he did show up and teach that Friday night after all, after the announcement that he wouldn't. :uhyeah:

Latest Discussions