Htf tkd?

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, Hwarang Do and Taekwon-Do are a bit Historially Related. I imagine a Blend isnt much of a Far Cry.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it's an organization in the Northwestern US. If I'm correct, a member here "Fluffy" is a part of them. He hasn't been on here in awhile, tho.

OP
NSRTKD

NSRTKD

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes, I mean the organization in the northwest, though we are the only HTF TKD school in Canada. I did not mean "Hwa-rang-do" :)

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, either way. We're all one more-or-less related art here. Kinda like most extended families, not everybody looks the same and not everybody is nice to each other all the time, but we mostly manage. Lots of good conversations if you hang around a little.

OP
NSRTKD

NSRTKD

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sounds good to me... we are a smaller federation than ITF or WTF so I was just posting to see if anyone here is HTF or even knows about us LOL. :)

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, Hwarang Do and Taekwon-Do are a bit Historially Related. I imagine a Blend isnt much of a Far Cry.

Their only relation is that they were developed in Korea. They do not have any true ties to each other as far as deep historical roots. ie. TKD is not derived from the ancient art of the Hwarang warriors.

OP
NSRTKD

NSRTKD

Green Belt
Reaction score
Good to know.... yeah just to clarify, HTF is NOT hwa-rang-do. "Hwa Rang Taekwondo Federation" is what I'm talking about.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know this - I didnt mean the Arts themselves, i meant the NAME you people :D

OP
NSRTKD

NSRTKD

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm just making sure I'm being clear, I'm new here lol and I realize how the two could get confused, sorry Cy.

Latest Discussions