How to know you're a child of the 80's

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I'll also admit, when I go jogging and get to the beach, the Chariots of Fire song plays in my head!
icon10.gif

OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Henderson said:
NOOOO!!!!

I get flashbacks from that pair. Both were big on the radio late summer/early fall '86. I was in basic training, and at every meal we were tortured by the sound of that demonic duo playing through the mess hall.

The horror....the horror....the horror....

*singing off key*

Could’ve been so beautiful
Could’ve been so right
Could’ve been my lover
Every day of my life
Could’ve been so beautiful
Could’ve been so right
I’ll never hold what could’ve been
On a cold and lonely night

*still singing off key*

I get lost in your eyes
And I feel my spirits rise
And soar like the wind..
Is it love that I am in?

I get weak in a glance
Isn’t that what’s called romance?
...and now I know
’cause when I’m lost I can’t let go

For the record, I didn't care for Tiffany, but I *did* like a handful of Debbie Gibson's songs.

OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
1 word Madonna!

She ruled the 80's! She still is making hits!

YES! Madonna's best songs were in the 80's: Material Girl (her moniker to this day!), Papa Don't Preach, Live to Tell, Like a Prayer, etc. Most all of her stuff after "Vogue" was crap, IMHO.

Mcura

Green Belt
Reaction score
Erhem ...

Just whip it ... into shape! Shape it up ... get straight! Go forward! Move ahead! Try to de-TECT it! It's not too late ... To WHIP it. WHIP IT GOOD!!

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys!!

Come on now, roll your sleeves up, get rid of those socks, pull on the espadrilles and damn well get in that Ferrari and relish the memory of the singly coolest show on TV ever...

MIAMI VICE

Respects!

hemi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ya’ll left out
Buck Rogers, Air Wolf, Blue Thunder, Knight Rider, Transformers, Go Bots, (toys and shows) I remember the facts of life, small wonder, Alf, 3’s company. And some of the best Rock songs of all time, Atari 2600 then the first generation Nintendo, commodore 64, Apple 2E (I still have one LOL) Bank street writer (Long before we had Microsoft word)

I do kind of miss the 80’s it was a cool time to grow up.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Miami Vice? You really meant Magnum PI didn't you! Man, I almost hate to admit I liked that show, but I did. 1980; I'm 17 and a show about a guy who lives on a plantation - IN HAWAII, drives a hot car, has beautiful women around, and no "real job"; man I STILL want to be him! LOL

Latest Discussions