Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Side note: Site was just listed on Slashdot. Slashdot effect in action, meaning 5 Million geeks are trying to load it at once, causing the server to sorta have a panic attack. Keep trying. lol

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
i read that earlier today...its great! i sooo wanna try something like that at Kmart

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WAY funny!!

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
red or white polo with black pants ...i worked there for a a year and half lol the managemtn at mine would crap a cow

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I thought it was a great and HARMLESS joke... couldn't believe that one manager actually thought it was endangering people. HOW? Geez. As long as the posers weren't trying to discourage people from buying anything there's nothing they could do... except of course throw a wrench in the works and sanity of the middle level management.

I'll betcha, I'll just betcha this will start getting chain stores to have clearly identifyable markings on employee's uniforms from now on so that this doesn't happen again. :rofl: :lfao: :roflmao::lool:

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'll betcha, I'll just betcha this will start getting chain stores to have clearly identifyable markings on employee's uniforms from now on so that this doesn't happen again.

My dad once joked that if you are 30 years old and still working at a job that requires a name tag, you made a bad career choice somewhere along the way

(he was way over 30...and in the Air Force...which also requires clearly identifiable markings on your work clothes)

mantis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
Side note: Site was just listed on Slashdot. Slashdot effect in action, meaning 5 Million geeks are trying to load it at once, causing the server to sorta have a panic attack. Keep trying. lol

haha.. you are slashdotting their site too man! :D

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
I read about the prank, but didn't read the full story until today. Hillarious.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
icon7.gif

Funny!

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, My working shirt is a blue Polo shirt, with the company name and logo printed on the front. When I am serviceing a couple of stores..everyone thinks I work there...especially in Wal-mart. There are surprise when I tell them..I am not an employee...

This thread..really caught my eye...because I use the same kind of shirt and color. ...........Aloha

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, My working shirt is a blue Polo shirt, with the company name and logo printed on the front. When I am serviceing a couple of stores..everyone thinks I work there...especially in Wal-mart. There are surprise when I tell them..I am not an employee...

This thread..really caught my eye...because I use the same kind of shirt and color. ...........Aloha

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A little while later, an older woman with a handful of products walked past me at one point muttering to herself, "Everyone in this !*!!*!!*! store is wearing a blue shirt and nobody knows a thing!"

So it was business as usual at Best Buy, but with extra blue shirted people.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
crushing said:
A little while later, an older woman with a handful of products walked past me at one point muttering to herself, "Everyone in this !*!!*!!*! store is wearing a blue shirt and nobody knows a thing!"

So it was business as usual at Best Buy, but with extra blue shirted people.

Sad but true. I have found an overwhelming majority of the people on the floor at best buy to be useless if you need more help than "just point me to what I want"

What tends to annoy me most is the several of the services their "geek squad" provides. Selling services that are unneeded even by the most newbie computer user and services which don't really provide what they say they will.

There is a reason it's nickname is Worst Buy