How soft is your WC?

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Third post in! I guess you could say I'm passionate about this subject? Lol!

I have found that proper energy also affects timing and power. So you could say structure, energy, power and timing are all the same thing? Energy! I have found that when my Energy is right my timing is ahead of my opponents. Which makes me seem faster, stronger and more rooted then I really am. When my energy is wrong. I'm behind the count and find myself playing catch up and having to rely on strength and speed. Which usually equates to me getting tossed around and my **** handed to me. When my energy is right I have control of my COG and yours among other things. When it's wrong well, you get it.

Last edited:

r'n'r

White Belt
Reaction score
I will appear hard to the viewer and certainly to the recipient, but I'm actually quite loose. Just letting the limb fly when striking is an accurate analogy.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I will appear hard to the viewer and certainly to the recipient, but I'm actually quite loose. Just letting the limb fly when striking is an accurate analogy.

What you are describing sounds "soft". Soft as in relaxed can strike very hard!

BTW r'n'r I see that you are coming up on two years as a member of this forum, yet you've only posted seven times? What's with that!!!

ok, I'm calm and in control again. Carry on.

r'n'r

White Belt
Reaction score
What you are describing sounds "soft". Soft as in relaxed can strike very hard!

BTW r'n'r I see that you are coming up on two years as a member of this forum, yet you've only posted seven times? What's with that!!!

ok, I'm calm and in control again. Carry on.

Exactly. I might actively strike at limbs, block incoming strikes, etc. but I'm hardy ever 'hard'. Hm, that sounded way better in my mind...

As for not posting a lot...been training ;). Jk. I'm active in some other forums and I haven't been actively training WC for more than two years now.