How Mr. Parker taught forms

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A.O.T. fills that gap, and to the casual observer it can take on the appearance of JKD sparring, Wing Chun Chi Sao, or elements of what Mr. Parker created to support his tournament, "Freestyle Formulas" rolled at various times into one. The "Freestyle Formulas" were only part of the equation and Parker begrudgingly created them. He personally didn't believe in that type of sparring after his exposure to the Chinese Methodology.

They are specific technique applications designed for expedious results when an imminent attack is anticipated. When practiced as drills to enhance body mechanics and build hand eye coordination, they take on a rapid back and forth movement, with each participant being forced to effectively react to the external stimuli, or suffer reasonable training consequences. We wear special gloves, a boxing mouthguard, a big cup, and with drills, forearm protection.[/quote]

is two man fist set supposed to do something of this training?

Respectfully,
Marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
interesting. We have a form called two man fist set that i was told Nick Cerio brought it to kempo from Ed.Parker sr. which is why it is an optional form to learn...actually i was told that the book Secrets of Chinese karate largely dealt with the two man fist set form. I do not have the book ...yet..but this is what i have been told.

respectfully,
marlon

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
interesting. We have a form called two man fist set that i was told Nick Cerio brought it to kempo from Ed.Parker sr. which is why it is an optional form to learn...actually i was told that the book Secrets of Chinese karate largely dealt with the two man fist set form. I do not have the book ...yet..but this is what i have been told.

respectfully,
marlon

First don't believe everything you're told about history. It can be really convoluted. Second, there is a Two-Man Set in SOCK. It is also known in various circles as "The Book Set," and "Panther Set." To add to the confusion, some have actually created different sets to match the nick names of the original Two-Man Set, which was a mixture of material from Ark Wong, Jimmy Woo, and Ed Parker to illustrate a particular way of traditional training. It resembles certain aspects of our A.O.D.'s in concept only.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
live and learn...love to learn

thank you. Do you know where it is possible to find the original? Also what is SOCK?

REspectfully,
Marlon

Latest Discussions