How Many a Year?

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I realise not everyone is into competition, but for those of you who enjoy competing how many times a year do you try to make it out to a tournament?

How often do you get the urge to put it out there and challenge yourself?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well my fight team does about 10-15 a year, me myself and wife maybe three we need time off to heal.
Terry

OP
Eternal Beginner

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Well my fight team does about 10-15 a year, me myself and wife maybe three we need time off to heal.
Terry

I know what you mean! Now that I'm a little "older", the time between tournaments needs to be a little longer.:(

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I only just started competing last september - hell, I only started the martial arts barely over a year and a half ago! It seems incredible to me. This year, though, I am going all out. I think I'll be going to 9 or 10 tournaments this year. I've already done 3.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I hit three or four a year, one is the tournament that our school holds annually. My instructor and those who regularly compete will hit 8 or 9. To be honest, I mostly do it to support my instructor and the local circuit, competition doesn't give me much of a thrill anymore.

Lamont

KenpoBruce2006

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Only get the oppurtunity to go to a couple a year, just because of distance to get to them, usually two to three hours driving.

bobster_ice

Black Belt
Reaction score
Eternal Beginner said:
I realise not everyone is into competition, but for those of you who enjoy competing how many times a year do you try to make it out to a tournament?

How often do you get the urge to put it out there and challenge yourself?

I usaully do about 2-4 tournaments a year.

Latest Discussions