Homophobic, Racist Craigslist Advertiser Bans Undesirables From Yard Sale

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://consumerist.com/2011/07/homo...r-warns-away-undesirables-from-yard-sale.html

additionally, there will be a garage sale this sunday, 17 july 2011 from 11am - 7pm,
for the items already pictured in the album and more. photos will continue to be added via the mobile pix facebook album, so please also check there as internet access has already been disconnected in the home and it's the only way to upload quickly and easily. all are welcome to the moving sale / garage sale except for LGBT people, illegal immigrants, and muslims, anyone else is warmly welcomed! no drama, terrorism, or illegal transactions with non-US citizens / illegal immigrants / people taking jobs away from people who belong and are legal in this country is desired. thanks.

Ok. Who's moving from the DC area?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
While I have nothing for distaste for this, we have to remember that it's their home that they're talking about opening to the public for this-they've a right to decide just who that "public" actually is.....

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
True. Distasteful mindset, but you can say who is and isn't welcome in your own home.

I mean, I wouldn't welcome a TSA screener.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
While I have nothing for distaste for this, we have to remember that it's their home that they're talking about opening to the public for this-they've a right to decide just who that "public" actually is.....

True. Distasteful mindset, but you can say who is and isn't welcome in your own home.

I mean, I wouldn't welcome a TSA screener.

True enough, but for starters you can't tell what a person's status is by looking at them
Or in most cases religion, or what job they have.

And hopefully a yardsale is busy enough so you don't have the time to ask a lot of question about the people who are willing to take your crap off your hands.

It's not like you sit down for coffee or a BBQ...

On the otherhand, this person might think it's really smart to publicly vent his bigotry....but attaching the address to it....is that wise?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm selling, everybodies money is welcome!

Latest Discussions