hiya's

Shadow Of Life

White Belt
Reaction score
Hiya's ummm my first time here so not really sure if i'm in the right place or not but was curious, I've studdied a few styles and used to fight comp but been out of it for some time now and want to get back up to tornament level in a chinese style, but don't know which i should go for, I like weaponary, full contact, and power, speed attacks????

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hiya's ummm my first time here so not really sure if i'm in the right place or not but was curious, I've studdied a few styles and used to fight comp but been out of it for some time now and want to get back up to tornament level in a chinese style, but don't know which i should go for, I like weaponary, full contact, and power, speed attacks????

There are different groups out there that do the padded sparring. Some put the padding on the person in armor and use small rattan sticks. Others put on gloves and helmet and use padded sticks. This gives a person a chance to practice techniques and to compete.

Personally I prefer as little armor as possible which forces more defensive and blocking techniques instead of just who hit more often.

sempai little1

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Personally I prefer as little armor as possible which forces more defensive and blocking techniques instead of just who hit more often.

My Dad use to say when I was growing up. "She'll only have to do it once then she'll learn". I was a little too brave for my Mom's liking.

Training with only limited padding, I think, would cause a person to learn defence a whole lot faster. I know I would.

Your friend,
Sempai Little1 :wavey:

Latest Discussions