Hitchhiker's fans, DON'T PANIC!

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I saw it last night. It was horrible.

I'm a huge fan of the books (and I though the BBC series was interesting - enjoyed playing the infocom game), and I expected things to be changed. After all, it wouldn't be hitchhikers if it was all the same. However, the main problem with the movie was that it just plain wasn't funny. It was 'neat', and the effects were 'neat', and all that, but when it comes down to it the only expectation I had was that it would be funny.

There were a few forced laughs from the obvious fans in the audence but it just wasn't there.

I can understand why, the books weren't so much funny because of what the story was so much as how it was told and that would be very difficult to transfer to another medium.

/steve

OP
Zepp

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
stephen said:
I can understand why, the books weren't so much funny because of what the story was so much as how it was told and that would be very difficult to transfer to another medium.

I thought it transferred rather well personally. I liked how they used a lot of the narrative from the book.

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Zepp said:
I thought it transferred rather well personally. I liked how they used a lot of the narrative from the book.

Exactly, the best parts were where the movie was reading the book out loud.

/steve

Latest Discussions