hidden tecniques in tsd hyung? was dillmen on to something?

mtabone

Green Belt
Reaction score
I believe the "New" Way was introduced around the time of 1978 or so. And yes, the "Older" way was to raise both hands above the head straight with one hand, both palms facing down, I believe. The "New" Way emphasized the hip rotation. I learn something new everyday.

Tang Soo
Michael Tabone

okinawagojuryu

Green Belt
Reaction score
I didnt know when it was instilled . I wonder how many of the other TSD groups do it that way ??????????? I totally forgot that way of doing it till you brought it up . I trained for a long time w/ The WMDKTSDF , & a lil' while w/ the WTSDA , they both do it the old way . Then I trained for a lil' while w/ a fed. studio , & I just didnt like the new way of doing things , the new forms , the newer way to do techniques , etc . ; Now , I have almost made a full transition over to Goju Ryu though , but still practice some of the TSD forms , but w/ more of an Okinawan , or Japanese flavor to it . I hope to meet your KJN , when he comes to FL next month .
I've communicated w/ him quite a bit .

David

mtabone

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think I should clarify something about myself. While my lineage is directly to Moo Duk Kwan, my Kwan Jhang Nim Is Charles Ferraro. His instructor was the now Kwan Jhang Nim H.C. Hwang. I am a member of the Tang Soo Do Mi Guk Kwan. Just wanted to clarify. Thanks

Tang Soo!
Michael Tabone

okinawagojuryu

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yep , I know . He's supposed to be comming to FL next mo. , I think . To his school down here in Plantation .

David

Latest Discussions