Hi. Hello, Good day....

Paul Chadwick

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, hello there.

I'm Paul from Merseyside, Uk.

Got myself back into Martial Arts in September of last year for fitness reasons, Training 3 or 4 times a week at the gym and Kung Fu Club in Freestyle Kung Fu and Muay Thai.

I'm 6'2", 214 pounds (15 stone 4) with a 74 3/4" reach, switch stance.

I've got my first fight on the 9th. March, and found this site looking for preparation advice to fight. I haven't got a huge amount of experience, so I'll be reading the forums a lot and looking for anything that helps.

Oh, did I mention I'm 40? I practised martial Arts when I was 12 until I was about 17, then had to stop due to a leg injury, but, approaching 40 I realised I needed to keep myself in shape and give me a physical work out, but not slugging weights in the gym all the time (boring), so I joined my local Kung Fu and Muay Thai club and I'm having the time of my life. I practice Muay Thai for strength, fitness and conditioning, and Kung Fu for technique, balance, self control and evasion, I tend to lean towards a Wing Chun style, preferring counter attacks to an aggressive style which I can also use in my Muay Thai.

I'm about 2 weeks away from quitting my smoking habit and I'm really going to work hard at my fitness over this new year. I can't run, due to my knee, but I cycle a lot, and am lucky enough to live in an area with some high hills, which I utilise for cardio training.

As for the other stuff? I love Rock Music, Films, My wife and Kids, Reading and the occasional game of Poker.

Hoping to become a useful forumite.

Cheers!

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome. Good to see another Englander join the forum, although from where you live you probably talk funny! :p

Good luck with your fight. :asian:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. Good luck with your upcoming match. And post video. :)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, Paul. There is much info here, enjoy.............

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT!

Great to hear stories of others overcome setbacks to return to the arts!

Latest Discussions