Hi everyone

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
See now you are just being silly, it's like me saying, because you are knocking on a bit in age, and being able to run 100 metres in 14. Somthing seconds, you must be on steroids man.
I though Jon Jones ped us3 wasnt at all indispute ?

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. Fedor and Bas Ruten are Krav guys? Ok then. As is everyone that's ever taken a class in it apperantly.

Look. If you guys are believers, have at it. Maybe it's the best 'self defense' system of all time. Nobody seems to be able to nail down what self defense is, so who even knows.

But as a straight up fighting system, the results just aren't there.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
My point was you have no experience in training Krav, you opinion is only assumption , look at any Krav Maga website, it is a mix of boxing, judo and other arts, are you suggesting these arts are no good for the fight game? I am pretty sure your answer will be that they are legit in the fight game.
Well, I have WORKED with many krav guys.

When I work with, say a skilled boxer or judo guy or karate guy, I'm generally impressed at a specific skillset and learn something new, or refine something old. I've never seen that from a krav guy.

Almost every krav guy I've worked with has been a sloppy spaz. They seem to emphasize volume over quality. Maybe not all krav is like that, but maybe it is.

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Arhh,, ain't that sweet, tag teaming, you guys should get a room, you can hold hands and talk crap together.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

It's not often that staff has to intervene in an introduction thread. But here we are.
Stop the squabbling and sniping, return to the original topic, and keep it polite, professional, and friendly.
Continuing to snipe at one another will result in thread closure, warnings being issued, and accounts being suspended or closed.

Thank you.
Mark A. Cochran
@Dirty Dog
MartialTalk Senior Moderator

OP
R

RacecityUSA

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Tall
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

It's not often that staff has to intervene in an introduction thread. But here we are.
Stop the squabbling and sniping, return to the original topic, and keep it polite, professional, and friendly.
Continuing to snipe at one another will result in thread closure, warnings being issued, and accounts being suspended or closed.

Thank you.
Mark A. Cochran
@Dirty Dog
MartialTalk Senior Moderator
Well geez dudes. I apologize for starting a thread that would end up being controversial. I just want to train. I will figure out how to find my own way I guess.

Eric Damon Rapier

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I just realized that I put tall instead of arts.....apologies if I started something

snake_monkey

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome!

I recently took an intro class with Muay Thai Coach and I enjoyed it for the most part. I am a Wing Chun practitioner so it was for sure something different.

I liked getting in synch with the coach. I also enjoyed getting some tips on those powerful Muay Thai strikes.

If you enjoy it and it’s convenient then I would recommend trying out a few more Muay Thai classes. As for Krav Maga definitely stick to recommendations.

There are many systems to choose from but I would like to mention that a few of the Chinese systems have a better outlook for fitness in old age than other systems. If you would like suggestions on any of these I can try to provide some.

Enjoy!

Latest Discussions