helping hand

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
This morning I've got a call from my friend Omar who is my Kenpo sensei asking me to asist him (as a TKDoing) in the examination/test of kups this evening. This is not the first time I help Omar and I am glad he recogniced me as friend and then as a good martial artist. BTW my nephew George (5 yo) today test for his yellow belt in Kenpo karate, it will be nice have some great moment with little George.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
2 things:

The honor of being asked
the graciousness with which you assist.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good night every one, I'm just arriving home so let me tell you about th kenpo karate kup test. I was a part of a board of visitors/observators, the boadr was conformed by: one aikido sensei, one hapkido sambonim and me. Parents gave us a big aplause and we wached the children (5 to 10 years) do their test, several white belts, some yellow belts and a few blue belts perfomed to achieve their next kup.

I have the honor to tie the new belts on some kids and given them the traditional (kempo traditition) gut kick, I kicked my nephew and my brother was very proud of his cub.

At the end parents again gave us a big aplause and we had a nice photo session with the children, in some way I felt like a rock star every kid wanted a pic with old Manny.

We finish the test with a nice chat amoung the senseis/sambonim and a nice meal.

I will post some pics as soon as I get them.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wonderful!

(yes, the first time I was asked to be in a picture with a student was memorable)

Latest Discussions