Help with the Air Force PT program

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this:
I have just tranferred over from the Army Guard into the Air Force Reserve. I am 38, 6'2", 192 pounds and my waist is about 34".

What do I have to do to pass the test? I was told there are now minimum passing scores in each of the testable areas but that they are lower than what you need to have for a combined test score; you can do poorly in one or more areas but make up for it in others (have a combined score of 75 as I understand it).

Does anyone have a better understanding about this?

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm active duty AF and am actually PT testing on Friday....so I have a very solid understanding. First step - NEW AFI: http://www.af.mil/shared/media/epubs/AFI10-248.pdf You've come in at a weird time....we are in the middle of switching to the new standards. Until 1 July, you will test under the old standards; same test, different scoring (1.5 mile run, push ups, sit ups, and abdominal circumferemce/BMI). Based on your BMI, you max abdominal circumference and don't need to get taped. This site is based on the old standards and has the score chart. http://www.airforce-pt.com/

This page has both charts as well as an AWESOME 2010 scores PT calculator. So with what you know now, go do a 1.5 mile run, do your push ups and sit ups (60 seconds each) and see what your scores are and see what you need to improve on. I would venture that with your BMI and waist, you would be much higher than 75....If you give me your scores in the other areas, I can tell you both of your scores - although with the tools on those sites, you can figure it out just as easily.

Wild Bill

Green Belt
Reaction score
It looks like the Air Force is stepping it up. When I was in we did our PT test on a bicycle.

Latest Discussions