help me find a dojo!

Zacharius_Godfreed

White Belt
Reaction score
ok.... I've searched the web and come up empty handed.... does ANYONE know where I can find a ninjitsu or ninjutsu dojo in volusia county, Florida?

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
ok.... I've searched the web and come up empty handed.... does ANYONE know where I can find a ninjitsu or ninjutsu dojo in volusia county, Florida?
Bigshadow is from Flordai, I believe. He might be able to help :)

words to search google with
ninjutsu
ninjitsu
bujinkan
genbukan
jinekan
to shin do
ninja
ninpo

try winjutsu too, they tend to have good listings posted there.

good luck!

OP
Z

Zacharius_Godfreed

White Belt
Reaction score
thanks mrhnau, but I've already looked into those sites and searches... there doesn't appear to be anything closer than orlando and gas isn't cheap these days:vu:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bigshadow is from Flordai, I believe. He might be able to help :)

words to search google with
ninjutsu
ninjitsu
bujinkan
genbukan
jinekan
to shin do
ninja
ninpo

try winjutsu too, they tend to have good listings posted there.

good luck!

Mrhnau has given you some excellent advice. PM Bigshadow but also look through the yellow pages at winjutsu and google. There are quite a few Bujinkan people down in Florida so you should find someone soon. Good luck.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Hi there! I do not know of any Bujinkan dojos in Volusia county. Doesn't mean there aren't any, just I don't know of any. However, there are several Bujinkan dojos around Volusia County.

Shidoshi Gary Mitchell - Ocala Bujinkan Dojo (Marion County) Go straight down SR 40. He is my instructor. I highly recommend.

Shidoshi Cliff Vann - Orlando Bujinkan Dojo (Orange County). He is in Winter Park (take I-4 west from Volusia). I have trained quite a bit with him also. Another highly recommended instructor.

Shidoshi Greg Cooper - Orlando (Orange County). I have never met him. I have heard good things about him though.

I believe there is someone instructing in Jacksonville, north of you. I also have a class in Leesburg (Lake County).

Cliff's site has some links to places to train all around Florida. You can also go to the Florida Bujinkan Network and throw the question there.

Good luck!

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
thanks mrhnau, but I've already looked into those sites and searches... there doesn't appear to be anything closer than orlando and gas isn't cheap these days:vu:

No gas isn't cheap. But just to put things in perspective. Good training is worthy of driving for. I drive from Leesburg (Lake County) to Ocala (1+ hour) in a Jeep wrangler that sucks down gas, several people who train in Ocala drive down from Gainesville (Alachua County), we also have a student who drives from the other side of Dunnellon (Citrus County) to train. There are people that drive up from Clearwater (other side of Tampa 2 hour drive) to come and train with me on most Saturdays. I drive to seminars around the state, I have even driven to NJ to train for the weekend. Then there are those that travel to Japan regularly to train with the grandmaster himself.

If you can swing buying some gas, it is worth driving for training. It really takes a commitment.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No gas isn't cheap. But just to put things in perspective. Good training is worthy of driving for.

If you can swing buying some gas, it is worth driving for training. It really takes a commitment.

Absolutely true! If you find the right art do not let distance get the better of you.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
No gas isn't cheap. But just to put things in perspective. Good training is worthy of driving for. I drive from Leesburg (Lake County) to Ocala (1+ hour) in a Jeep wrangler that sucks down gas, several people who train in Ocala drive down from Gainesville (Alachua County), we also have a student who drives from the other side of Dunnellon (Citrus County) to train. There are people that drive up from Clearwater (other side of Tampa 2 hour drive) to come and train with me on most Saturdays. I drive to seminars around the state, I have even driven to NJ to train for the weekend. Then there are those that travel to Japan regularly to train with the grandmaster himself.

Which brings up two issues...

First -- if you check around, you just might find someone to carpool with!

Second -- even if you can't make EVERY class, you might find some folks that you can attend some classes, then train with. As I understand it, that's how some of the budo taijutsu programs end up working, because of the distances involved. And, for me now (in my system, NOT BBT), that's what I do. I teach a class regularly -- but meet with my instructor less frequently, and have my own training reviewed, corrected, and expanded.

OP
Z

Zacharius_Godfreed

White Belt
Reaction score
thankx shadow, I'll look into the ocala dojo, but don't expect anyone to show up yet... I need the money to start classes and for gas T_T ... but I do plan on joining within a month's time

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
thankx shadow, I'll look into the ocala dojo, but don't expect anyone to show up yet... I need the money to start classes and for gas T_T ... but I do plan on joining within a month's time

Cool! Just so you know, you can come by and train a class or two to see if you like it.

OP
Z

Zacharius_Godfreed

White Belt
Reaction score
that'd be good... sorry the repost wasn't all that quick, I haven't had access to my own computer for awhile

Latest Discussions