Hello :)

kunetao

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi my name is Eric
My back ground is Mostly in Lou Siong Kune-Tao.(started in 1989)... yea you probably never heard of it, seeing how my particular style there is probably only 20 schools total. I have also dabbled in a few styles of Karate and Chinese kick boxing while in the military but they were not violent/lethal enough. So I always gravitated back to Kune-Tao. Now I am currently running a school out of my house so IF you happen to be in Anchorage AK drop by :)

that guy is out of Florida but same stuff

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Eric! You'll find more martial artists to argue with here than you probably have in Alaska, though we're less likely to knock on your door and say, "Say that to my face!" :D

Seriously, I hope you enjoy the discussions. I understand being part of a smaller style. I think there aren't 20 schools of my primary art (Nihon Goshin Aikido) - and never have been many more than that.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to Martialtalk, bro.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi my name is Eric
My back ground is Mostly in Lou Siong Kune-Tao.(started in 1989)... yea you probably never heard of it, seeing how my particular style there is probably only 20 schools total. I have also dabbled in a few styles of Karate and Chinese kick boxing while in the military but they were not violent/lethal enough. So I always gravitated back to Kune-Tao. Now I am currently running a school out of my house so IF you happen to be in Anchorage AK drop by :)

that guy is out of Florida but same stuff
Welcome to the forum!

OP
K

kunetao

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Eric! You'll find more martial artists to argue with here than you probably have in Alaska, though we're less likely to knock on your door and say, "Say that to my face!" :D.

LOL yea I have noticed the argumentative nature of it :) (but I welcome a knock on the door :) )

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL yea I have noticed the argumentative nature of it :) (but I welcome a knock on the door :) )
We mostly bicker in a friendly manner, more than we actually argue. And, frankly, some of us who argue actually like each other.

OP
K

kunetao

White Belt
Reaction score
you'll get that with different philosophies.... for instance, If you talk "finishing move" in my old school, Master Young will look at you like your stupid. I have seen that phrase thrown around a lot here :) We train to keep going until the other guy stops moving.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'll get that with different philosophies.... for instance, If you talk "finishing move" in my old school, Master Young will look at you like your stupid. I have seen that phrase thrown around a lot here :) We train to keep going until the other guy stops moving.
When most folks talk about a "finishing move" it's just a "next move". While some schools fail to teach the chaining principle as a continuous thing, that's really all finishing moves are: chaining something after something else. Especially with throws/takedowns, there's some predictability of where the person will fall and in what position, so you can talk about a specific follow-up move. "Finishing move" is just a harmless bit of hyperbole, IMO.

Latest Discussions