Hello/Need advice

OP
F

Franny

White Belt
Reaction score
Tai chi seems to be the consensus! thank you. I'll be looking for someone in my area.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Franny! :)

Though I wouldn't contradict the suggestions for Tai Chi, I would heed evenflow1121's suggestion about what your personal goals are and talking to a doctor before deciding on what art you'd like to try. If that suits your purpose, that's great, but don't limit yourself because you're overweight and have back problems. At 190 lbs, I'm not thin, but I'm not exactly overweight either. Regardless, it's a bit of mass to have to move around. I've also had two herniated discs and still never stopped practicing Taekwondo. My point being, is whatever art you choose, as long as you work within your abilities, you'll be alright. Over time, your abilites will increase. If you choose an art because you feel it's the only one you're capable of, you may become discontented with it. If you choose an art because it suits your purpose, you're more likely to stay with it, and physically you'll adapt. Just something to think about.

Best wishes regardless of what you choose. :)

Latest Discussions