Hello, hello.

irishwolf08

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My name is Erin.
I have always loved watching boxing, UFC, my little cousins doing karate, MMA, etc...
Sooo, finally last week I joined Tae Kwon Do. I've had three classes so far and am loving it. But my problem is I'm not that corrdinated with my legs. When we mix punchs with turning and kicking... I get confused. I actually only joined to lose weight, but wound up liking it.
...Well....I guess thats all! Sorry for rambling on!

Erin

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My name is Erin.
I have always loved watching boxing, UFC, my little cousins doing karate, MMA, etc...
Sooo, finally last week I joined Tae Kwon Do. I've had three classes so far and am loving it. But my problem is I'm not that corrdinated with my legs. When we mix punchs with turning and kicking... I get confused. I actually only joined to lose weight, but wound up liking it.
...Well....I guess thats all! Sorry for rambling on!

Erin

First of all, hello Erin and welcome to MartialTalk. Secondly, if you are uncoordinated with your legs, as you mention, then chosing an art such as TKD is a great thing, as long as you like it and stick to it. One of the thoughts that I have in the arts is to train your weakness. It's easy to train the stuff that comes easy to us. Stick with it! Welcome to the MAs!

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What he said. No-one steps into the MA on the first day as a master. Co-ordination will come with practice and time. Welcome to the board.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello Erin, welcome to MT :). Don't worry about not being coordinated, that will come with time and practice, just relax and enjoy.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

As far as the coordination part goes - well, I was a very uncoordinated person when I started TKD, but after a while it just became natural. Like anything else, coordination improves with practice. My sahbum (instructor), also uncoordinated when he started, got so hooked on TKD when he started that he (gasp!) practiced outside of class - so people who didn't practice outside thought he was naturally athletic, and he's the first say that he's not, or at least wasn't at the time.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
:wavey: Hello Erin! Welcome to MartialTalk!

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT Erin :wavey:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
welcome to MT

give yourslef a little time. many people are not coordinated when they start any art but over time your body learns and things become easier.
Keep us informed on your progress

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First of all, hello Erin and welcome to MartialTalk. Secondly, if you are uncoordinated with your legs, as you mention, then chosing an art such as TKD is a great thing, as long as you like it and stick to it. One of the thoughts that I have in the arts is to train your weakness. It's easy to train the stuff that comes easy to us. Stick with it! Welcome to the MAs!

What he said. No-one steps into the MA on the first day as a master. Co-ordination will come with practice and time. Welcome to the board.

What they said..Welcome onboard..

Latest Discussions