Hello from Oz.

Leo89

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
No, you don't get a cookie for the reference. :p

Anyways, I'm Leo (obviously not my real name).

I used to take karate (karazenpo-go-shinjutsu) under at Roger carpenters Kansas karate institute, however he quit teaching and now sells martial arts supplies. :(

Anyways, I decided to look into another system, so I checked into Taekwondo and have been practicing it for about three months, I'm still trying to master kibon Hana, I need to get the footwork down, keep my chest more square and stop leaning into my punches, I was told I'm doing okay for a white belt, but I think I still have a lot to improve on with the form.

I'm currently studying under master Joon Yong Kim at his main branch, so far I've had fun and am realizing just how out of shape I've gotten. :(

But then again, isn't there always room for improvement? :D

Not sure what else to say here, I've had many questions answered already, I'm grateful for that, this forum has helped me understand a bit about the style of TKD I'm taking.

Uh... I'm 27, and I work in the restaurant business. :V

It's alright.

Well... That's it I guess. :p

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No, you don't get a cookie for the reference. :p

Anyways, I'm Leo (obviously not my real name).

I used to take karate (karazenpo-go-shinjutsu) under at Roger carpenters Kansas karate institute, however he quit teaching and now sells martial arts supplies. :(

Anyways, I decided to look into another system, so I checked into Taekwondo and have been practicing it for about three months, I'm still trying to master kibon Hana, I need to get the footwork down, keep my chest more square and stop leaning into my punches, I was told I'm doing okay for a white belt, but I think I still have a lot to improve on with the form.

I'm currently studying under master Joon Yong Kim at his main branch, so far I've had fun and am realizing just how out of shape I've gotten. :(

But then again, isn't there always room for improvement? :D

Not sure what else to say here, I've had many questions answered already, I'm grateful for that, this forum has helped me understand a bit about the style of TKD I'm taking.

It's alright.

Well... That's it I guess. :p
Hello there and welcome aboard!

And there is something wrong with Leo for a real name?? Could be Leo the Lion. Unless Dorothy is your real name? (I will give you a cookie for getting that reference tho!) :p

Wishes to you

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Leo, hope you enjoy it.

I knew Roger Carpenter back in the day, from his time on the East Coast. One of the best there was. One serious, serious man.

Glad you found another Art to train, keep at it, bro.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seeing your posts before this, I had assumed you chose leo because you were a police officer or other law enforcement. Guess I was wrong.
Welcome to the site!

Latest Discussions