Hello from Australia

D

Dr. Flem

I know that alot of new guys always post their "hello" but I'm a sucker for formality.
wink.gif

I'm a 23 year old male from Melbourne, Australia. I start Wing Chun classes in two weeks and I've always been fascinated by the martial arts and the concept of Yin and Yang.

I know that alot of members on this site are experienced martial artists and I hope to learn alot from all of you. I'm sorry to say that I might not be much help considering that I'm still new to all this but I'll throw in my 2 cents whenever I can.

Thank you for your time and if there's anything you'd like to know, just ask. Oh.... I almost forgot. Hello. :)

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTAlk, Don't worry about being new. To me, new just means unpredictable.

You will have fun here. :ultracool

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings, Dr Flem

I am happily unpredictable in a respectful way.

Welcome.

jim

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Dr Flem (cough, cough) to MartialTalk. Enjoy your stay and happy posting!

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome also, Dr. Flem to Martialtalk. I wish I had known this site when I started in TKD few years back. I had to go around with :idunno: look for a long time, cause you can only ask so many questions. But here ask away, no question is too dumb... but you might research the thread with the "SEARCH" function on the top blue bar. ;) TW

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Dr Flem - I think your name is very funny, I like it. :)

Hope you enjoy yourself here - and with your Wing Chun classes.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Welcome Dr Flem (cough, cough) to MartialTalk. Enjoy your stay and happy posting!
Hey! that was going to be my line :p

Welcome to MartialTalk :D

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Pleased to have you with us at MartialTalk!

- Ceicei

OP
V

Vadim

Hi Dr. Flem! Welcome to Martial Talk forums. :asian:

-Vadim

OP
D

Dr. Flem

Oh, why thank you all so much for the warm welcome. :) It's great to be here. I suppose that if I want to start up with martial arts, I'm going to have to learn as much as possible about my chosen style. Only then will I get the most out of it.

Feisty Mouse, I notice that you do JKD. Do you know all that much about the style in comparison to Wing Chun?

OP
D

Dr. Flem

Feisty Mouse said:
Hi Dr Flem - I think your name is very funny, I like it. :)
Thanks. I'm big on comics and Dr. Flem is a character from one of my favorite titles so I can't take all the credit. ;)

Oh, and don't worry TigerWoman, I'm a good searcher. Although, feel free to kick me up the butt if I do something stupid(ie. If I post a topic that has been discussed a millions times over). :p

OP
A

Aleem

Welcome Dr. Flem. Another WingTsun beginner like me! Wahey! Enjoy posting on the forums! :D

OP
D

Dr. Flem

Thanks Aleem. Let me know how your classes go. :) I'm really looking forward to it but unfortunetely, the school is on a two week holiday so I'll have to wait a little longer and soak up the info on these forums.

Latest Discussions