Hello everyone

MrSnow288

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello, I'm from the NE NC area. I predominantly practice Muay Thai but I'm open to learn whatever there is to be taught. Muay Thai just comes most natural for me. My mind set is the ring is for fun but the street is what matters. I know what a lot of you may point out, "But dude you say your main focus is Muay Thai and that developed as a ring sport from Muay Boran". That may be true but there are still things you learn in any style that are applicable to practical scenarios. Another reason I prefer Muay Thai is that in periods of heightened stress the body loses a lot of fine motor controls and obviously you're gonna resort to muscle memory. If I get jumped I would prefer the simpler techniques that I have practiced and perfected over years then try to learn some uber complicated take down that my hands will fumble when I need it to happen. Most complicated locks I dive into are the ones I was taught in police training. And that's only about five. I'm mostly looking for someone in my area to train with. I work early morning and college is only a couple hours out of the day so I can easily work with schedules.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to Martial Talk.

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. If you're a L.E.O., have you considered adding Aikido + BJJ to your M.A. skills?

OP
M

MrSnow288

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. If you're a L.E.O., have you considered adding Aikido + BJJ to your M.A. skills?

Nowhere around teaches it. I was only law enforcement in the military. I'm out now going to college. I went to Thailand to train further in Muay Thai and learn a few new tricks and I absolutely loved Muay Boran. Problem is I'm in a fairly rural area. There's a city not too far away but it's like a 30 minute drive. So finding someone to train with is kind of difficult.

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Sounds like you are enjoying your art! Have you thought of cross training in another art?

Latest Discussions