hello all

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Guys,
I have been off of valium since Monday and holy **** do I feel better. I feel like a more accomplished person. I found out that Potassium is a great ingrediant for anxiety. I haven't felt this good in months. No kidding, I am a very decorated Marine and Judo practionier and instructor. I have a alot of people counting on me, especially: my wife, family, students and school. I have been on a euphoric high. I love it. It happened while doing sword work Monday, I just quit the valium cold turkey and went outside my back yard with my matsusumi sword sent to me by my former Judo coach from the Marines and felt at one with the universe. No ****, It was great. I felt at one with my dad who broke his leg recently, all of the teachings, all of the care, all of the tough love. He told me not too long ago "Our family motto is Victory over death, so you can't give up before you kill all of the beasts." "You are my absolute hero." By the way he is the big one second from the left. "You are from 4 of the founding families of Scotland, a highlander.....You are a Marine, don't let stupid ******** tear you down highlander, just be the Highlander and Sergeant of Marines you are."
Oh jeez, aren't dads great. He finished with "You have a following bigger than I, you're judo and swordsmanship along with your absolute devotion is decisive and credible. I love you son and don't ever forget that you are my hero."

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad you're feeling in better shape, matt!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good news indeed.

Anxiety and depression are sneaky scavengers who get you when you are weak, so to fight them off and get back up is always an achievement to be proud of :sensei rei:.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Matt,

Keep it up. I've never been hooked on anything stronger than coffee, but hey, I can't stop driinking coffee! So I have no doubt valium can get ahold of you or me or anyone!

And about what your father said. Ever hear of a guy named G. Gorden Liddy of Watergate fame (or infamity?) He has had a huge number of things happen to him that made his life difficult. He talks of being a prevailer instead of a survivor. I think this is what your father is talking about.

So keep it up and prevail.

Deaf