He'll except it but no one's told Mir about Carwin fight

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
12-16-2009 07:10 PM: Mir told the Las Vegas Sun:

"Nothing is official yet, I'm reading the Internet too and trying to call the UFC. I will agree to it if it comes up. I just think people were talking and it made sense but nothing is official. They haven't talked to me yet but I don't know if somebody with the UFC has leaked it out."

Cain Velasquez is out this mix facing Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 111, so Mir says he and Carwin is the logical fight:

"I think it's the only thing that makes sense," Mir said. "Carwin is up there, I'm up there. There's four top heavyweights that could vie for an interim belt and two of them are fighting already. So putting me and Carwin together just makes mathematical sense."

But Mir is a little confused by the rumors that he and Carwin would fight for the UFC interim heavyweight title:

"The only part that was a surprise to me was that it could be for an interim belt," Mir said. "Last I heard, I was sitting next to Dana at the (UFC 107) post-fight press conference when he said we're going to wait for 4-to-6 weeks to find out whether or not Brock's going to be able to return or not."
Looks like we don't have to wait to see if Lesnar's illness is going to keep him out for most of 2010. The decision to put an interim belt up for grabs is probably a safe indication.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions