Have You Begun to Realize it May be Time to....

WingChun Lawyer

Green Belt
Reaction score
chinto01 said:
Thanks again all for your responses. The doctor that did the surgery on my knee 5 years ago is well respected in the sports medicine field and has done surgery on many, many athletes. This is why I chose him. Believe it or not I am comfortable with my decision. After all he can only recommend which is what he did strongly. When I look at my training I want to be more like my Sensei. 82 and still teaching class every day. I will not be able to do that by continuing to abuse my knee in the fashion I have been. After all this is a life long right?

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

I still believe you should at least consider sparring a couple of rounds every month, if only to avoid forgetting the application of your stuff.

...I know, I know, he is a doctor and it is your life, but I can´t help but feel sorry when I see a dedicated martial artist who will have to stop sparring.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
chinto01 said:
I want to be more like my Sensei. 82 and still teaching class every day. I will not be able to do that by continuing to abuse my knee in the fashion I have been. After all this is a life long right?

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Me thinks you just answered your own question...

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drac said:
Me thinks you just answered your own question...
True enough. We must each play the hand we're dealt in the best possible manner it can be played. Or, we can ignore the inevitable and pay the consequences. Just because we want something to be a certain way, doesn't make it so. Be realistic about your situation and act accordingly.

Latest Discussions