Hate the new Myspace Style background

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So what is slow? loading pages or scrolling once a page is loaded?

Loading seems to be fine, maybe something on my network, or within my computer is simply alergic to MT when it has a background enabled. It's been twice, the only other time was Halloween, with that backgrouns enabled. Not a big deal. If others aren't experiencing any difference, it's got to be me. I'll put up with it or move on ... my decision.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Try clearing your browser cache. Might be something clogging up the works.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Had a thought.....what browser/OS are you running?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Loading seems to be fine, maybe something on my network, or within my computer is simply alergic to MT when it has a background enabled. It's been twice, the only other time was Halloween, with that backgrouns enabled. Not a big deal. If others aren't experiencing any difference, it's got to be me. I'll put up with it or move on ... my decision.

So what's slow? Scrolling is choppy?

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had a thought.....what browser/OS are you running?

IE7 on XP Pro, all current updates applied to both the OS and any Microsoft products ... I clear the cache weekly, cleared it last on Thursday. ... it is most noticeable when entering text in a reply, where character spacing is hosed up, and especially trying to backspace within the reply window, of all things ... again, I'm not saying it isn't on my end, but I am saying that it is only when I'm using the MT website and only when a special background is in use. So, if nobody else is experiencing such an issue, I will simply except it as what is and either work through it, or move on.

OP
Blindside

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
it is most noticeable when entering text in a reply, where character spacing is hosed up, and especially trying to backspace within the reply window, of all things ... again, I'm not saying it isn't on my end, but I am saying that it is only when I'm using the MT website and only when a special background is in use.

I am getting this as well, and it did happen when we had the Halloween wallpaper. It is using alot of my CPU resources.... like all of it. It doesn't happen on other discussion boards. I only notice it on reply windows.

Lamont

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am getting this as well, and it did happen when we had the Halloween wallpaper. It is using alot of my CPU resources.... like all of it. It doesn't happen on other discussion boards. I only notice it on reply windows.

Lamont

Thank you
icon14.gif
... I'm not crazy afterall (I know, that's questionable still)

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bah

Ok, turned the opacity off, that should make things go smoothly for anyone that was seeing slowdown.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Bah

Ok, turned the opacity off, that should make things go smoothly for anyone that was seeing slowdown.

Thank you!

I was having issues as well. Not on this machine (my main rig at home) but on any other computers. As was said earlier, the processor was getting hit - HARD.

I could (and would) fall back to using lynx if need be, but would prefer not to.

Latest Discussions