Love the new MySpace Style background!

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Myspace?

Crappit, I'm undoing it. Can't beliee I did something that reminds people of myspace...

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You guys mean the pumpkin face thing, right? Yes, its just like myspace. That is exactly what I thought of when I first saw it... I thought, "Wait, I wanted to request the page from martialtalk.com, but I am getting a myspace page instead. Perhaps I hit the wrong bookmark?"

Then I saw the rest of it come up. I knew then --> the martialtalk.com site now has a pumpkin head, "myspace" style!

As long as it does not crash the browser, that is the main thing!!!

Hahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Robert

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like it alot!
icon6.gif

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's good—more open feel—but it's going to take me some getting used to... I'm still wondering, where did all the visual structure go?? After a couple of weeks, though, it'll probably seem the most natural thing in the world.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it gives the site a lot of character. You could change it once a month with different themes. Pretty cool! :)

I Couldn't agree MORE!!!!!

Alternate themes, near holidays....put something associated w/that holiday up. The rest of the year, use different MA or oriental motifs.

Love it

Your Brother
John

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It might be nice to import one extra style, a very minimalistic lightweight one, so that users who have legacy hardware could more easily "opt out" of seeing the extra stuff.

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
It looks great , But it has slowed down the web site so much I hope it dosnt last too long.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is just for halloween, will be gone tomorrow ;)

Any slow down is not on the site, but on your end. Browser redrawing things with transparency, so depending on your system you might see scrolling get a little slower.

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Probably is a problem my end, but it is only the MT site that is affected. It takes almost a full minute for each page to load and scrolling is extremely slow and jerky. I will try another browser .:)

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Switched from Opera to Mozilla and scrolling is a bit better. Thanks for the tip.

Latest Discussions