Happy Tax Day!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For those of us in the U.S.A. Happy tax day... hope you all got your filing done.

Heres some food for thought...

I got my taxes back yesterday from the woman who did them for me, so I need to mail them today... I realized I am out of stamps. I am also flat broke until tomorrow, which is payday, I dont even have enough spare change laying around for 2 stamps. And Taxes HAVE to be mailked today. I had to borrow a dollar from my roommate.

And I thought, we truly are an OVERTAXED nation, when we have to pay a Tax (postage) on paying our taxes! :D

WHEE!

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
E-file through H&R block. I had my return inside a week (yes, I'm one of those people who file as soon as I get all my paperwork from my job). Costs about $70 bucks if you go to the office, but it's worth the peace of mind that comes from the potential fingerpointing if something goes wrong. :uhyeah:

Edit: forgot to mention you can get the software for like $15 I think if you want to do it yourself. Nice since it does all the calculations for you. All you have to do is punch in numbers when it asks for a box.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
With as little as I make the govement should pay me.
Seems like an old employer didn't take out as much as he should have, I most likely put down the wrong number of deductions, anyway i'm payin way to much to the goverment for the right to earn a liveing

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
H&R Block costed me around $215.

I only go to them because I know more then they do so I can tell them what to do, yet if I ever get audited the blame doesn't have to come down on me. :uhyeah: I'll probably have to use a real CPA next year, though, as things get more complicated and as I lose the patience to deal with it!

I shouldn't get audited, though; I actually obey the rules.

Still getting a few grand back this year, though! I'm excited. This will be the first year that I actually wrote things off. :ultracool

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We got ours in a day ahead of time--it would have been earlier but we found out late that we could use a more favorable interpretation on one point and that delayed us. Saved us a whole $11 when all was said and done. :(

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't get me started on taxes...*shaking my head and muttering

oh, and for those of you past 40, you may want to start thinking of a living will or trust. If you want to leave anything for your children.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Galvatron said:
I had mine back at the beginning of February.

:)

And I had my return spent by the first week of March as well :D.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ender said:
Don't get me started on taxes...*shaking my head and muttering

oh, and for those of you past 40, you may want to start thinking of a living will or trust. If you want to leave anything for your children.

That is good advice, ender.

And, if your in Michigan, you can come to me to have that set up! :uhyeah:

Latest Discussions