Hammerhead

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I'm interested in hearing a product review from someone here on MT.

Looks like it might be a nice training tool.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Looks like a great training tool. Wish it was cheaper! ....Aloha

Yes: I would like to try it....Those who order one or have one..lets us know the effects? ...........Aloha

samurai69

Blue Belt
Reaction score
lot of talk on a uk forum about problems with splitting

havent tried it myself

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or, buy styrofoam heads from a place like this and see if that kind of training is actually worth it before committing a hundred bucks.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Saw it in a couple of the Police Trainers magazines..I'd need some reviews before making a purchase..

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The site says you can get a school discount. I'm gonna look into that and see how much more affordable it would be.

Jeff

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is this a new attempt to replace the good ole punch mitt? Looks interesting, but is it going to be that much more effective?

Fu_Bag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What'd be great is if you could have them customized to the features of your least favorite person/people. They wouldn't even have to market to the martial arts community then. Splitting the foam open would be part of the fun. How cool would it be to have a foam head of your least favorite person tied to your punching bag? MMMwwwwaaaaaahhhhaaaaahhhhhaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Ok. Sorry, dark side getting away from me there...

$100.00 is a bit pricey if they don't last that long, though.

OP
SFC JeffJ

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What'd be great is if you could have them customized to the features of your least favorite person/people. They wouldn't even have to market to the martial arts community then. Splitting the foam open would be part of the fun. How cool would it be to have a foam head of your least favorite person tied to your punching bag? MMMwwwwaaaaaahhhhaaaaahhhhhaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Ok. Sorry, dark side getting away from me there...

$100.00 is a bit pricey if they don't last that long, though.
Now that is a great idea!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is this a new attempt to replace the good ole punch mitt? Looks interesting, but is it going to be that much more effective?

I do not believe that ANYTHING will ever replace the punch mitt...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was thinking along the same lines; that's it's nothing more than a fancy punch mitt with a face. Yes you do have more options with the hammer-head as to teach thumb in eye placement or stuff along that lines but you can do that with a Bob or with an instructor so long as it's careful.
If it splits that easily then one wouldn't be able to go full power with it. Me thinks that if enough (schools) write in they may be able to figure a way to make it more durable (probably more thicker... not quite as hollow) and cheaper.

If they don't sell well then who knows you might buy them at a clearance price :D

It's a good idea just needs a little more work.

Latest Discussions