gun buy back cancelled...because of stupid new laws...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just funny. The dumb gun grabbers make new gun grabber laws...and end up hurting one of the dumb gun grabber programs...:rofl:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...gram-Canceled-Over-Colorado-s-Strict-Gun-Laws

But one buyback event in Boulder, CO had to be canceled because the state's new gun laws are so strict that the police can't even navigate the law to sponsor the program.

The event was canceled by Boulder County Sheriff Joe Pelle, who sadly had to inform the community that Colorado's new gun laws made it "nearly impossible" to follow the law.
One of the strict new laws that Colorado recently enacted requires a background check for every transfer of a gun. This would include transfers made from private owners to the sheriffs department, even if the guns are going to be destroyed. Sheriff Pelle informed the community that the system simply isn't set up to be able to conduct so many checks, nor can it work in a remote location outside his offices.

Again...:rofl:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
aside from your childish verbage....

I am thinking it's grand standing, because I certainly hope that a sheriff's deputy has completed the criminal background check successfully.....

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's grandstanding, but with a point. The panic-response laws placed on the books recently are virtually impossible to enforce.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
aside from your childish verbage....

I am thinking it's grand standing, because I certainly hope that a sheriff's deputy has completed the criminal background check successfully.....

I think the way the law is written they would need to do a background on the sheriff for every gun turned in. So every time someone turned in the gun they would need to run a new background. So its not a prob with the sheriff passing its the time and effort to keep running it over and over

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's grandstanding, but with a point. The panic-response laws placed on the books recently are virtually impossible to enforce.

I do give you that. A lot of people lack the three brain cells to rub together to see past the tip of their noses to realize those awesome new laws are a bunch of crap and have far reaching effects.

The people wanted them, they are welcome to them...

now they get to spend the time and money to revoke them...until the next knee jerk reaction.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I do give you that. A lot of people lack the three brain cells to rub together to see past the tip of their noses to realize those awesome new laws are a bunch of crap and have far reaching effects.

The people wanted them, they are welcome to them...

now they get to spend the time and money to revoke them...until the next knee jerk reaction.

Except..as in my state..its unclear how many of the people truly wanted them. When officials can any opportunity for debate and pass laws in the literal "middle of the night" to score political points with each other.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Except..as in my state..its unclear how many of the people truly wanted them. When officials can any opportunity for debate and pass laws in the literal "middle of the night" to score political points with each other.

Well, there are always the soccer moms who make it their mission to be professionally offended. They have nothing to do but be activists...and call their representatives and make a stink, making it seem like a legion of people actually cares when the majority of the people do.not.care!

Latest Discussions