Greetings from the Land of Entrapment

Kenpo1981

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been here for awhile, but I have just began posting comments fairly recently. I began my martial studies at the Old Town Boy's Club in Albuquerque in 1966. A guy named Roy was teaching Judo there and a friend invited me to class. I've had the pleasure of studying for a time in various systems. I've studied from some great people. I'm still enthusiastic and enjoying it. I'm learning good things from these forums. Best to all.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Welcome aboard :)

I like that "land of entrapment". Makes me think of the space between the blue lines at a Devils game :rofl:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I lived in Alb. for a year around 2005 and loved it! I was working at Sandia and studied the FMAs at a club in town.

OP
K

Kenpo1981

White Belt
Reaction score
I lived in Alb. for a year around 2005 and loved it! I was working at Sandia and studied the FMAs at a club in town.

I was born in Albuquerque but haven't lived there in years. You must be a sharp character to have worked at Sandia. I studied Shorin Ryu in Albuquerque in '79 at the oldest martial arts school in NM. It's still in operation and my instructor is 68 now and teaching daily. His kids have their own schools there in town as well.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There certainly were plenty of schools in the area! I really liked the city, but it was just a year-long sabbatical for me. Now I'm back in Indiana.