Green Power Ranger to fight MMA!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I also wonder if he can call all the other ranger at will to help in time of trouble.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I also wonder if he can call all the other ranger at will to help in time of trouble.

It will be interesting to see if sparks fly off him when he gets hit.

He should definitely fight at least once in either his green, white, or red power ranger uniform.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have kept up with him over the years and he is a very good fighter. His age may be an issue though, we will see.
Here is his school's site: http://www.risingsunkarate.com/

Just had a look at his site. He looks like a genuine JKD MMA style guy with some credentials. I hope his age isn't too much of a problem. Maybe he'll only compete for a year or two.

megat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
heheh a dream come true for me, if he can fight in the ranger unifrom all the better. but the white ranger unifoem has added armor so that might be out. the red should be the best one.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i can imagine those tvshow rangers to be good fighters. i wouldn't be surprised if they have a cetain edge...
wasn't that one ninjutsu powerranger guy who came up with hyojutsu-the technique of the leopard`
i don't know what that really entails and where he learned it or came up with it, but someone said something about it having to do with superior angling...
powerranger may be fantasy, but their intersting movements and physical skill should not be overlooked in my opinion. if some of them were filmed better or in different type of genre, im sure they could make excellent fightactors and like i said i would not be surprised if they were also able to physically fight real fights well.

j

Joe Divola

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Stay out of the Sherdog forums Tez3 that will kill a large quantity of brain cells everytime you enter there :wink2:

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you arnisador for the update.
I found that out this morning here:
http://media.www.siude.com/media/st...1/Sports/Power.Ranger.A.No.Show-2917818.shtml

The promoter changed the fight from mma to boxing only at the last minute and turned it into a demo match where there would be no winner or loser.
I don't blame Frank at all for backing out. He had been training for a mixed martial arts match all of this time, not boxing only.

AoG

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would love to see him fight in MMA, he would give me a actual reason to watch MMA...when I was younger he was my favorite Power Ranger...now...he is on my top list of Martial Artists...

I don't blame him one bit..i do boxing too, but when I do nothing but kick punch kick punch, take down....its hard to go back to..1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2's of boxing....mentally unprepared

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they attempted to change the rules I do not blame him for backing out either. Hopefully he will have a MMA fight soon somewhere else.

Latest Discussions