Great time training with MSUTKD

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yesterday MT member MSUTKD came over and trained with me. Fortunately? no one in my Saturday morning class showed up so we had the mat to ourselves.

If you are not aware of it, MSUTKD is on the US World Poomsae team and he recently attended a seminar with current world champion Ky Tu Dang. He brought up and demonstrated some of GM Dang's training and presentation ideologies. Fascinating stuff! MSUTKD has not posted much lately because he is frankly working his tail off so that he represents the USA as well as he can.

MSUTKD has created his own individualized warm-up and training routine to obtain and maintain world-class caliber athletic performance.

We got to practice some of the poomsae I don't do in my classes:Jitae & Chonkwon. We had a great time and burned a few calories along the way.

I mention this because I can't help but think of how much fun it is to train with friends. Many students join our classes for various reasons. But at some point, we train because it is part of us. Only another person who has made martial arts a part of themselves can understand that.

I wish MSUTKD luck next month at the World Poomsae Championships in Ankara, Turkey and look forward to our next training session together.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool!
icon14.gif

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Peter we had the oppotunity to train with Master Southwick at out school a couple of years ago when he was in town, wonderful man and a great rep. for the TKD poomsae team. I wish him the best at the world championships.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fantastic Miles! It's great to hear stories of great connections folks make through our beloved Art.

Latest Discussions