great qoute about "Courage" in their signature?

L Canyon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hello - someone here has a great historical quote about courage in their signature, and alas I can't find it. I want to use the qoute for a magazine article I am doing - and the "search" function here does not include words in signatures.

If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it! Thank you.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do you remember what was in the saying any bit may help norrow it done.

OP
L Canyon

L Canyon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
thanks - it had something to do with Courage being the most important attribute, as without it, all the others are useless.

It's something like this:

Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.

* Winston Churchill

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
“Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage.”

- Maya Angelou

Not sure if this is it, but it was an interesting quote that I found :)

OP
L Canyon

L Canyon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Carol - I guess Maya and Winston were thinking along the same lines. Perhaps they each had a nice glass of Brandy before writing those ideas.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
"Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others."

Or

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

both from Sir Winston Churchill.

My favorite from WC is ... "Danger - if you meet it promptly and without flinching - you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!"

Latest Discussions