Grand master jerson "nene" tortal

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Anybody get a chance to work out with him while he was here (States) recently? I got the opportunity to do so for the first time....Very impressive, not only as an artist but as a person as well.....
Thoughts??

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody get a chance to work out with him while he was here (States) recently? I got the opportunity to do so for the first time....Very impressive, not only as an artist but as a person as well.....
Thoughts??

Yes he is fantastic. I know this coming week he is in Indiana and then the following weekend he will be up here in Alma, Michigan at a seminar I am putting on.
icon14.gif

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL.

I've trained with him several times - and will train again with him on Saturday in Muncie :)

I would agree with our assessment (very good martial artist and man).

Mike

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
I will get my 1st chance to meet and train w/ him this Saturday at our training hall in Muncie, IN. Im really excited and hope it will be all that I am expecting and more.

I've heard great things about him. I've never met or trained w/ him and have not only the chance to this weekend, but the distinct honor of him coming to my hometown. It will be a great time im certain..

It will be good to see you again Guru Mike. Been a while my friend.. Sifu Keith Wetoskey will be bringing him in I was just told. Mr. Snow will be unavailable to attend which stinks because i was hoping to meet him too.

savagek

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,

I hosted him about a month ago in Winchendon Massachusetts it was a small group of 9 and what a tremendous five hours it was. I would recomend anyone of any style train with him.

Be well and gassho,
Ken Savage
www.winmartialarts.com

medic

White Belt
Reaction score
My first exposure to GM Nene was for 5 days in Chicago. He is a great martial artist and a very humble person. I was also fortunate to meet John Bednarski who hosted the camp and later in the week Mike Snow. I will be going to Alma to get some more training time in with GM.

Shaun

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Shawn is a pretty good guy too. He put up with me smacking him in the head a few times, and evn twisting his brain with my off the wall interpretations of flow.
Ya, GM Nene is quite a humble man and very- VERY talented. I just spent the weekend in Alma swinging sticks , knives, and staffs. Oh Boy, what fun!!!!

medic

White Belt
Reaction score
Your interpretation of the flow may be off the wall but they are very effective. I enjoyed you taking time to explain the finer points to help me fine tune techniques. And I have never seen anyone make change better than you(5 for 25).

Shaun

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Seems I profited by that game 15 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Hamer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yep, Im very glad that I was able train with him last weekend here in Alma....training like that is priceless!

Latest Discussions