Graded tonight

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just finished my black belt grading. I'll post more when I get home, just out for some pizza and a drink. :)

Thanks for all your support and advice over the last 4 years and live long and prosper.

Ethan.

OP
E

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Jeffries, I appreciate it.

The test was pretty rough, I have to say. My favorite part of it was getting to spar with one of my best MA friends, who got his blue belt the same night and I'm sure will kick my *** in Judo tomorrow night. I've earned a few hard throws, I tossed him with a Tai Otoshi to escape from an RNC on tile floor...

If anyone's interested I'll throw a snippet of video up and a longer description tomorrow.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cogratulations! Well earned and well done! :asian:

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! A big milestone in life as well as your MA.

Looking forward to seeing the video.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Jeffries, I appreciate it.

The test was pretty rough, I have to say. My favorite part of it was getting to spar with one of my best MA friends, who got his blue belt the same night and I'm sure will kick my *** in Judo tomorrow night. I've earned a few hard throws, I tossed him with a Tai Otoshi to escape from an RNC on tile floor...

If anyone's interested I'll throw a snippet of video up and a longer description tomorrow.

Congratulations! It is interesting that you had such a pronounced throwing and grappling portion of your TKD test/shimsa. Is that typical or was that because both you and your partner study Judo together?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! The first step into a wider world of understanding.

OP
E

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Working on getting videos up right now.

EDIT: Here's a pic. Video is uploading, slowly...

260242_1968588666979_1610842467_2140437_4410059_n.jpg

Congratulations! It is interesting that you had such a pronounced throwing and grappling portion of your TKD test/shimsa. Is that typical or was that because both you and your partner study Judo together?

Thanks Miles!

Nope, that's typical for our school. We use stuff gleaned from HapKiDo, Judo/Jujitsu, etc. to make a hoshinsul curriculum. We even do ground fighting past black belt. I don't think any of my higher ups know I study Judo, or care for that matter.

Last edited:
OP
E

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Also, sorry for the profanity...I think my partner's breakfall scared the filmer.

Latest Discussions