Governor's Proclamation

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Coincidentally, National Martial Arts Day (NMAD) just happens to fall on the day that we are hosting Doc Chapel out here to Omaha (10/15/2005). So I'm not exactly sure where I am going with it, but I decidd to write to the Governor of Nebraska and ask him to issue a proclamation in support of NMAD since nobody in my state had done that yet this year. I don't really know much about NMAD excpet that it sponsors fundraisers for MA tuition scholarships.

So anyway the Gov decided to do so and I am going to Lincoln in a few weeks to be at the signing ceremony.

Should I wear my uniform or a tie?

And be sure to check out www.chapelomaha.tk for details about the seminar.

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
How about a suit and tie with your black belt instead of a leather belt.

Good work by the way; that's very cool!

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would dress in a shirt and tie just because this is somewhat of a formal occassion.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

OP
DavidCC

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ok... maybe I can find a compromise

gi top
school t-shirt
Tommy Hilfiger tie

gi pants (pressed and creased!)
no socks
Kenneth Cole alligator shoes

how does that sound?

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My serious answer - Where a suit.

or, wear a nice, pressed, bright white gi.

But don't try to mix the two, it always ends up funny looking :D

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ask the Governor's secretary or public relations liasion how he/she would suggest this be presented. Usually, the signing of a proclamation is a shirt/tie event, but considering this is to proclaim "Martial Arts Day", it might be appropriate to go full gi attire. Ask first and you can't go wrong there.

- Ceicei

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
thats awesome good luck :) im with the one who said call and ask about what to wear that way you cant go wrong

Hope you enjoy lincoln!(oif you get the award)

OP
DavidCC

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I do enjoy Lincoln, I worked there in Gold's Galleria, commuting form Omaha, for over a year. And, of course, game days... bloody marys at 8am makes ANY town more fun.

are you in Lincoln BrandiJo? Heard about the seminar we are hosting ? chapelomaha.tk

-David

Loki

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Ask the Governor's secretary or public relations liasion how he/she would suggest this be presented. Usually, the signing of a proclamation is a shirt/tie event, but considering this is to proclaim "Martial Arts Day", it might be appropriate to go full gi attire. Ask first and you can't go wrong there.

- Ceicei
You're not going to get better advice than that. Leave it to the ladies to know what to wear.

OP
DavidCC

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
nahhh, I'm going wth gi-top, tie, slacks, bare feet and MMA gloves! I was trying it out last night and it looks AW3s0mE!1 1337!!!

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
DavidCC said:
I do enjoy Lincoln, I worked there in Gold's Galleria, commuting form Omaha, for over a year. And, of course, game days... bloody marys at 8am makes ANY town more fun.

are you in Lincoln BrandiJo? Heard about the seminar we are hosting ? chapelomaha.tk

-David
yeah im in lincoln for college, and am a poor college student as a result, plus i do TKD so im not sure id be wecome anyways.

But its always nice to see the things going on around me, and I would have loved to take a trip to Omaha, that would put me right by my home town :)

OP
DavidCC

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
BrandiJo said:
yeah im in lincoln for college, and am a poor college student as a result, plus i do TKD so im not sure id be wecome anyways.

But its always nice to see the things going on around me, and I would have loved to take a trip to Omaha, that would put me right by my home town :)
You would absolutely be welcome! As the organizer I would know best :)

I've gone out of my way to invite schools of many different styles! TKD, Hapkido, WC, and 4 different varieties of kempo or kenpo... anyone I could find :)

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
glad to know id be welcome...next comes the issue of a poor college student. Soi still think ill sit this one out, campus jobs just dont pay much. I would love to come and like i said before any reason to go to omaha is normaly a good one :) anyways if i can get the money id love to sign up but thats pry not to likely

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
DavidCC said:
Coincidentally, National Martial Arts Day (NMAD) just happens to fall on the day that we are hosting Doc Chapel out here to Omaha (10/15/2005). So I'm not exactly sure where I am going with it, but I decidd to write to the Governor of Nebraska and ask him to issue a proclamation in support of NMAD since nobody in my state had done that yet this year. I don't really know much about NMAD excpet that it sponsors fundraisers for MA tuition scholarships.

So anyway the Gov decided to do so and I am going to Lincoln in a few weeks to be at the signing ceremony.

Should I wear my uniform or a tie?
DavidCC,
So it is today, October 15, 2005. How did the ceremony go? What did you finally decide to wear?

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions