good shoes for odd feet

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've had a heck of a time finding training shoes to fit me. I have a US size 10 tripple wide foot with a high instep. This means even if I got the 10 WWW shoes, there is no promise that it will fit.

I just had a chance to try on some Feiyue martial arts shoes. They lace all the way to the toe almost, allowing room for the high instep. A size 45, supposedly the equivilent for US 11 fits me nicely! Finally I got my footwear. No more stockinged feet in the training hall. They only cost 16 bucks too.

Anyone else have a wacky foot size?

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nah but the Fei Yue design works for almost any foot. I won't wear anything else to train in at my school.

J

jkdhit

the old rubber soled kungfu shoes are also supposed to be pretty good fits

OP
Shaolinwind

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
jkdhit said:
Hehehe, the ones they sell at my school they stretch out and become projectile weapons, flipping off your foot at a moment's notice. One good spear kick and you increase your attacking range by about 10 feet via toe missile. (little armament pun there)

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have weird shaped feet as well (kinda square)

As a result I usually have to wear a size 47, so that way they are wide enough, but too long.
I have found though, that with the martial arts shoes with leather uppers, I can get away with a size 45 and my feet sort of stretch them out over the sides until they fit better.
That said, I don't wear them that often these days since we went from training on a wooden floor to training on mats

J

jkdhit

Chobaja said:
Hehehe, the ones they sell at my school they stretch out and become projectile weapons, flipping off your foot at a moment's notice. One good spear kick and you increase your attacking range by about 10 feet via toe missile. (little armament pun there)
ive only used them a few times but didnt have that problem as long as you get a smaller size because they stretch out to conform to your foot. i dont use them anymore though, i'm using adidas tkd-2000 shoes :p

my brother still wears kungfu rubber sole shoes and likes them a lot

BruceCalkins

Blue Belt
Reaction score
jkdhit said:
These do work ok if your not on a Hard wood floor. I find that they make me slip too much on Hard wood. I have never been able to get good shoes. I usually go Barefoot or Buy Cheap Sneekers at Wal-Mart. I have a 8 EEE wide foot with a very low arch and I fit better in Shoe Boxes that Shoes.

If anyone has a link or address for these great fit shoes I'd love to get it.

J

jkdhit

really? ive never really had trouble with the kungfu shoes on hardwood. are you sure you were wearing the rubber sole and not the cotton sole?

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I ware size 14 to 13 and 1/2 shoes so i gave up on martial arts school cause it is rare i find any in my size even thought I would like to cause they are nice to have at times

T

TonyM.

Yeh, the feiyues' are a good fit. I've got a foot that's 8 1/2 4E at the ball and D at the heel. The other one is 9 1/2 5E at the ball and D at the heel. The army gave me 9mediums. I always had quarter sized blisters that would bleed on the tops of my feet and the backs of my heels. Took twenty five years for my toes to not be folded together. Now I almost live in merril jungle mocs.

Latest Discussions