good morning

monkeyboy

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello every:asian:
Ive been lurking on here for a little while and finally decided to post. Im 22 years old and ive held an interest in martial arts most of my life. I started out in ata taekwondo when i was in junior highschool. I spend a year at that school despite the fact that it was terrible due to a contract. Altho it was a fun way to spend time I placed in a few tournements.

In high school i went to a technical institute for law enforcement and was a jrotc student at my own school so i learned at a young age about physical conditioning. Through the tech center as well as explorers ive taken several defensive tactics courses. My senior year of high school i started taking mma classes for several months before i graduated and started working full/over time and going to college/

In college i took a six month basic and advanced self defense and conditioning program through the college. Three hours a day three days a week. We had four instructors. Two of them were police officers one of which was a boxer with 20 years experience and a combat instructor four his department. One was a taekwondo instructor with 20+ years and 15 teaching. And one was a bjj instructor who had placed in the naga regional multiple times. We did allot of realistic stress drills and full contact sparring. Usually three person kumite with 1 minute rounds.

I don't mean to give my life story btw just trying to outline my experience. As such im far from being a skilled martial artist. :D
Lately ive taken to training on my own. Conditioning, forms, shadow boxing etc. Trying to get back into taekwondo but cant afford a school atm or the gas for the half hour+ drive depending on the school. So ive been concentrating on turning the training i do have into muscle memory with the forms, reflex drills and hopeffully soon a sparring partner.

Well anyway, HI

O, and monkey boy is something my 5 yr old called me the other day when we were playing outside, i was hanging upside down in a tree, im not very creative lol

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! I'm sure you will find interesting conversations in the KMA section!

Latest Discussions