Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks nice. I wonder, though, what kind of hickory wood they're using? Some grades are much more "impact resistant" than others, after all. :)

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hickory wood is easily the best bang / buck when it comes to wooden weapons, as long as you get a good grade of wood. It's tough, resilient, yet pretty darn inexpensive compared to the exotic tropical hardwoods.

I'll be ordering one of these pretty soon. Even if it's just to satisfy my curiousity, it's well worth the $$$ spent.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Since we're all sharing our secrets, can't not share the handmade sticks (any kind you want) by my friend Jimmo the Caneman: http://www.caneman2.com/ He makes his whole living off this, and he'll let you pick the stock, and call the shots all the way through the process. If nothing else, he has a lot of interests, so please visit his site just to get an overview (or, maybe you like blues, or Zydeco), or old pickups, or whatever, like he does. :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Since we're all sharing our secrets, can't not share the handmade sticks (any kind you want) by my friend Jimmo the Caneman: http://www.caneman2.com/ He makes his whole living off this, and he'll let you pick the stock, and call the shots all the way through the process. If nothing else, he has a lot of interests, so please visit his site just to get an overview (or, maybe you like blues, or Zydeco), or old pickups, or whatever, like he does. :D

*link saved* That's bloody awesome.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks, Carol. He's a great guy and works his tail off.

He sounds like it. Dang, I'd love to meet him. It'd be worth the trip just to have a chance to talk about sticks an' old cars while listening to the blues. :)

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
He sounds like it. Dang, I'd love to meet him. It'd be worth the trip just to have a chance to talk about sticks an' old cars while listening to the blues. :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Seems like a lot of my favorite people are thousands of miles away. Jimmo loves to email, too, tho. Hit him up sometime. He'll upload photos of stuff you're interested in, too. Kind of a wizard that way. Be sure to mention me, if you think of it, and tell 'im I said Hey.