Get out from behind the computer and...

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Take your wife out for ice cream. That's my suggestion. Any others, things to get us up out of these chairs? Walk the dog. Go say hi to the neighbor. Work on kata. Any more?

K

Kempogeek

Aside from working on my kata, I also make wooden ornaments. Mostly martial arts themed ornaments for friends. Brought out a creative side I never knew I had. Now that the weather is getting better, I plan to be out more often to work out and make the ornaments. Best regards, Steve

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
haha im here mostly cus i have homework to do that requires me to be on the computer ...and this is just a nice exucuse not to do it

but i go for walks go shopping and sleep :)

OP
L

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm trying to introduce this concept of the outside world. I just did three out of the four things I suggested. You cannot trade your wife for ice cream, corn nuts, or shiny beads. I guess you could if everyone involved is a consenting adult , but this isn't that kind of website. I wish I had the talent to make wooden carvings, great post. Walks and shopping are great ideas. Maybe we could make suggestions, go do them, and report back, especially unusual stuff. Only thing I have so far is that my neighbor pulled the starter cord right out of his lawnmower and so he wasn't in a real "Hi, neighbor!" mood.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm stuck behind my computer for now... and a few others... but I get paid for it and the boss gets cranky if I go outside to play ;)

OP
L

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
We could have work suggestions, too. Go to the water cooler, on your way ask that guy who never seems to talk to anyone about his weekend, or whatever. Or, to see if people freak out, get up and start doing yogic type stretches. Theme is to get up and do something.

K

Kempogeek

lonecoyote said:
I'm trying to introduce this concept of the outside world. I just did three out of the four things I suggested. You cannot trade your wife for ice cream, corn nuts, or shiny beads. I guess you could if everyone involved is a consenting adult , but this isn't that kind of website. I wish I had the talent to make wooden carvings, great post. Walks and shopping are great ideas. Maybe we could make suggestions, go do them, and report back, especially unusual stuff. Only thing I have so far is that my neighbor pulled the starter cord right out of his lawnmower and so he wasn't in a real "Hi, neighbor!" mood.
Hi Lonecoyote. Can't say that blame your neighbor for being that way. Sometimes the little things can tick me off as well. Flat tire for example. But hopefully he's like me and after a while will cool down and find a solution to the problem. My wood carvings are not works of art but good enough. Sometimes we can be our own worst critic. Right now Im working on some ornaments for a friend who will be testing for red belt black stripe in TKD next month. The carvings will sport the new rank. Just wish that I had the capability to post pictures on here. Darn WebTv. Anyway take advantage of the nice weather when possible. Best regards, Steve

D

Deuce

lonecoyote said:
We could have work suggestions, too. Go to the water cooler, on your way ask that guy who never seems to talk to anyone about his weekend, or whatever. Or, to see if people freak out, get up and start doing yogic type stretches. Theme is to get up and do something.
I just went outside for a smoke. Ahhh, the great otudoors! All that fresh air...cough, hack, weeze.

Silat Student

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am going outside...to get in my Van and drive to work where I will still be outside for a good bit of tonight building cabinets....does that count?

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get out from behind the computer and...get in front of my new sewing machine which I bought two years ago and the quilt stuff I bought a year ago before I went on Martialtalk. But you are right it is too nice outside, I will go stroll my dog, stroll because she can't walk anymore, bad genetic knees and collapsing trachea so now she gets to walk a block through the park and the rest ride in a stroller and we do have a 40° hill coming back to push her up. Can't do pottery since my shoulder has bursitis (too much punching and pushups-double P's) but just got a cortisone shot so hopefully will be better soon so can do some bike riding too. It has been the warmest month since 80 some years ago in Minnesota. Average temp 54, I think I heard. To contrast, when I moved here 13 yrs. ago, there were snow on the rooftops at the end of MAY, now that was scary. TW

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As soon as I climb out of the truck tomorrow I'm going to help a friend remodel a house that's been in the area for over 100 years. Day after that I'm going to pick up a canoe from a friend that needs some cosmetic work but is in otherwise great condition (the canoe that is, not the friend). I'll be spending a good deal of time filling gouges in the fiberglass, sanding and repainting that and then on to the lake or maybe the James river for a fishing trip/camping trip with my girlfriend or a couple of other old vets. Yard work (for me and the elderly couple across the road), building an addition on my parents home so mom doesn't have to walk the stairs for the laundry room in the basement. Well, that's a start for getting out from behind the computer. Anybody else got any ideas?