George St. Pierre Vs. Matt Serra Tonight!

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
I love em both, but I think GSP in the 2nd round. First round war, 2nd round submitted via strikes TKO.

But, I hope I'm wrong, although both can't win ;p.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I love em both, but I think GSP in the 2nd round. First round war, 2nd round submitted via strikes TKO.

What, are you psychic now? ;) I really liked GSP's knee strikes, particularly at the end. Overall, he was really on his game tonight. Great job on his part.

Did you notice how quickly and easily Serra and GSP were hugging and playing nice right after the fight was called? Makes you wonder how much of the trashtalk and other nonsense was real and how much was marketing.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
How did Franklin do?

It was an interesting fight. He was about 3 milliseconds away from losing to Lutter in the 1st round when Lutter nearly got him in an armbar. Franklin was able to flip around and turn into it at the last possible moment, he nearly didn't make it.

The 2nd round really showed the difference between Lutter's and Franklin's conditioning. Lutter was so rattled (after a roundhouse kick to the head) and tired that he couldn't even raise his guard during the last few minutes of the fight. Franklin was pounding the hell out of him until the ref finally stopped the action.

Then Franklin in the post-victory interview disses Lutter as "well known for his lack of conditioning." ;)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did you notice how quickly and easily Serra and GSP were hugging and playing nice right after the fight was called? Makes you wonder how much of the trashtalk and other nonsense was real and how much was marketing.

How much more trashtalking could Serra do after getting so thoroughly handled, in the ground game no less? Nothing cuts the chatter quite like having a fists all up in someone's grill. Heck, even Shamrock made nice with Ortiz after their final fight. Not to say that marketing isn't a big component to their trashtalking that goes on.

Serra needled and ribbed "Frenchy" outside the ring, and GSP kneedled and ribbed Serra inside the ring. Another difference is that GSP had some responses outside the ring.

Brian S

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I liked the Quarry vs. Starnes fight...err...track meet,lol.

"Ifs you can change,and I can change...then we all can change!"

:redcaptur

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I liked the Quarry vs. Starnes fight...err...track meet,lol.

White revoked Starnes' contract, and essentially kicked him out of the UFC.

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe off 1 fight Starnes shouldn't have lost his contract but it was a joke the way he ran away. I didn't think Franklin dis'd Lutter. The guywas absolutely gassed after four and a half minutes of fighting which at that level is a joke.

Cheers
Sam:asian:

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
its' one thing to 'get on your bike' when hurt but dang when the guy is walking forward face covered doing the 1-armed windmill and you STILL won't even throw a jab? or try a shoot? there are lots of people who deserve that spot who wouldn't act that way.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
its' one thing to 'get on your bike' when hurt but dang when the guy is walking forward face covered doing the 1-armed windmill and you STILL won't even throw a jab? or try a shoot? there are lots of people who deserve that spot who wouldn't act that way.

Absolutely!
icon6.gif

Latest Discussions