Gaming and Martial Arts

Amen to that... I myself am a Recovering Woodelf Druid from the Luclin server... sheesh... what a WASTE of time that was... heh heh heh.

MUST VIST LAVASTORM ONE MORE... NO... RESISTING... RESISTING... NO MORE KELETHIN...

I'm not much for online gaming I prefer pen and paper.

Ars Magica,HERO,AD&D,some 3e,Warhammer RP..the list goes on.

First person shooters Halo,Ghost Recon and of course Doom.

I used to play EQ and had alot of chars, I played mostly on Tunare and RZ.

Now i play planetside but i will soon get star wars galaxys.

I also was really good at Diablo 1 and 2, star craft bw, counter strike , team fortress classic, war craft 3 , not to mention a bunch of other games that i had or played for a short time.

POWER TO THE GAMERS!

Originally posted by OULobo
Any Rifters or White Wolf people out there?

I used to belong to a board that would post stories based upon characters created from white wolf game VAMPIRE. The host / game master would give out experience based upon your stories. Also about once a week there was a live chat, to resolve some issues and to bring up new threads or topics.

After the host turned it over to a friend from the game, the same drive was not there from many of the members :(

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
I used to belong to a board that would post stories based upon characters created from white wolf game VAMPIRE. The host / game master would give out experience based upon your stories. Also about once a week there was a live chat, to resolve some issues and to bring up new threads or topics.

After the host turned it over to a friend from the game, the same drive was not there from many of the members :(

Rifts seems to be plagued with munchkins during gameplay, but both of these games seem to leave the best setups for great adventures if you are into roleplay instead of battles. That may be why there are such great stories on the net about these games.

Originally posted by OULobo
but both of these games seem to leave the best setups for great adventures if you are into roleplay instead of battles.

Cyberpunk 2020 was the same way... Mainly because combat often got you killed the first time you got into it... I never understood why so many CP games devolved into big guns a-blazin... I just know that the PCs who played that way always had a new char everytime we played...

Far, far more often than I should -- AD&D, Diablo 2, and various others.

Also a big fan of the more realistic fighting games for consoles.

*waits expectantly for VF4 Evolution*

I used to play GURPS quite a bit, and they even had a supplementary book out that dealt with different martial arts. I don't play it much anymore as I never seem to have the time, but I definitely had fun doing it.

Originally posted by RanaHarmamelda
Far, far more often than I should -- AD&D, Diablo 2, and various others.

Also a big fan of the more realistic fighting games for consoles.

*waits expectantly for VF4 Evolution*

Hi RanaHarmamelda :) Welcome to Martial Talk~!

I'm not familiar with VF4 Evolution, What's it about?

I go in spurts playing.. but when I get involved.. everything else kinda ceases to exist.. *G* I like Morrowind alot (elder Scrolls III) and can lose myself in that for hours.. I as playing my sorceress in Diablo 2 last week but kept getting killed in the crystal cavern.. *grumbles about not building up other than my ice spells* so started playing my assassin again.. :)

Tess

Originally posted by pknox
I used to play GURPS quite a bit, and they even had a supplementary book out that dealt with different martial arts. I don't play it much anymore as I never seem to have the time, but I definitely had fun doing it.

oh yeah they're alot of fun :)

For people who don't know what a GURP is .. stands for Generic Universal RoleyPlaying System

Find about GURPS

Yeah, GURPS was nice. It was really useful when you had half the gamers wanting to play something medieval, and the other half wanting to do sci-fi. You would just do both. It was kind of cool to have Vikings, WWII soldiers, and space troopers all playing together!

Hello, KenpoTess. Thanks for the welcome.:)

VF4 = Virtua Fighter 4 -- it's hyped as the most realistic of the PS2 console fighting games -- same basic story, though. Bunch of people get together for a tournament of some sort, and beat each other up. Evolution is just a kind of sequel/expansion pack -- I'm waiting to get any VF4 games until after I see it.

On a side note, do you like 2nd or 3rd edition AD&D better?

Specifically (if you can or care to answer) to you like the martial arts systems from 2nd or 3rd better?

:)

And I've played GURPS as well. Lot sof fun, that. Steve Jackson games are pretty sweet -- any one played Munchkin Fu yet?

I love D&D, but don't have (or want) contact with the folks I used to game with... currently looking for a new group somewhere near Riverside, CA, if anyone knows anybody...

I'm also a die hard EverQuest nut.

(*raises hand timidly*) I'm Nightingale and I'm an EQholic.

Has anyone played Soul Caliber 2 yet?

It's so very sweet. :D Pretty much like the first one but with better graphics and some new characters and weapons and things. Definitely worth a rental, at least.

Soul Calibur 2 is pretty darn sweet. Link is a bit of a cheese character, however, with his boomerang, bombs, and arrows.

Yeah, Link is kinda cheesy. Kilik and Mitsurugi are still my favs, but Raphael is moving up the list. :)

Originally posted by Nightingale
I love D&D, but don't have (or want) contact with the folks I used to game with... currently looking for a new group somewhere near Riverside, CA, if anyone knows anybody...

I'm also a die hard EverQuest nut.

(*raises hand timidly*) I'm Nightingale and I'm an EQholic.

I've always wanted to try EQ, but I was kind of afraid I'd become an EQholic as well. How much time a day or week do you have to spend playing it to have your character do OK?

its totally up to you.
your character will be fine no matter how often you play, because the game depends on what you want to make of it.

give it a try. I've had die hard gaming friends try it, and they haven't bought another computer game ever since they started. that's how good it is.

if you play, join the Maelyn Starpyre server, and i'd be happy to help you out.

:)

Back