Games for Kids Class

SulsaPR

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey,

Anyone knows where I can find a videos of Games for Kids Class to make the class more fun??? I'll appreciate the help. Thanks

KenpoSterre

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Its not a video but I have several ideas. Try a game like simon says but with certain techniques or stances or punches instead of normal stuff.
example:
Mr. (instructors names) say do three uppercut punches

Mr. instructors name says do a right revers bow

and when they get out you have them practice stuff on the sidelines that they missed(if they mess up on a certain stance you have them practice dropping back in to the stance)

I found that that game is popular.

Also making it a competition. Act like you are a judge at a tournament and make them do the presentation of a forum and learn the bows. That way they learn but its fun. If they do it one at a time they get great feedback and everybody learns from everybodys mistakes.

I hope I helped.

KenpoSterre

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My instructor does many different games to work on skill & technique.

Roundhouse baseball is one that comes to mind.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My school in TN does a variation of dodgeball called "Kawashi Waza." Basically, its dodgeball with punching pads. It emphasizes the importance of not being there when the attack comes in.

We've done the roundhouse baseball, reverse punch baseball, etc.

Only inhibited by your imagination and their attention span.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmmm... Sempai (Sensei) says... already mentioned above.

Dragon and castle. The kids form a magical castle around a fierce dragon (by linking hands in a circle facing inwards). The castle can move, but if the walls break or the dragon touches them, he will escape. If the dragon escapes, the kids must fall to the ground and make the sound of ultimate despair (raspberry). Level 1 is normal, Level 2 has them shut their eyes while dragon stomps and roars, Level 3 has them shut their eyes, and dragon no longer roars. Level 4 has them face outwards from the circle with eyes shut.

Stoic - students must take up a stance and maintain a stern warrior's demeanor while you and an assistant or two try to make them smile/laugh. They must look directly at you (can't close their eyes or look away) while you are in their view.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
In our school we take small pieces of white belt and place them in each others belts, like flag football. We use the sparring ring and we have the students attempt to grab the oppenent's pieces of belt. It works on their speed, focusing while moving and defensive skills.

Latest Discussions