Fun is...

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
If the idea of this thread is to come up with our own ideas of fun then here is mine.

Fun is:

Watching a movie that I have seen a million times before with someone who has never seen it and getting to watch it as new again through their eyes.

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Watching a movie that I have seen a million times before with someone who has never seen it and getting to watch it as new again through their eyes.

Along those same lines. I'm a huge old movie fan as is one of my good friends. We have friendly but highly competitive times watching old movies and trying to be the first to yell out the names of all the actors. It's amazing how much enjoyment we get from this ridiculous game. Oddly, our wives will not watch TV when we're both in the same room.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Along those same lines. I'm a huge old movie fan as is one of my good friends. We have friendly but highly competitive times watching old movies and trying to be the first to yell out the names of all the actors. It's amazing how much enjoyment we get from this ridiculous game. Oddly, our wives will not watch TV when we're both in the same room.
Not too surprising when you think about it... when the only names they hear is
CHUCK NORRIS! BRUCE LEE! STEVEN SEGAL! JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME! JEFF SPEAKMAN! AHNOLD SWARTZENEGGER! SLYVESTER STALLONE! BRUCE WILLIS! WESLEY SNIPES!

Now if you were yelling out MEG RYAN! JULIA ROBERTS! MERYL STREEP! CHER! SALLY FIELDS! and stuff like that... then they'd probably would hang out and want to play.

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Not too surprising when you think about it... when the only names they hear is
CHUCK NORRIS! BRUCE LEE! STEVEN SEGAL! JEAN CLAUDE VAN DAMME! JEFF SPEAKMAN! AHNOLD SWARTZENEGGER! SLYVESTER STALLONE! BRUCE WILLIS! WESLEY SNIPES!

Now if you were yelling out MEG RYAN! JULIA ROBERTS! MERYL STREEP! CHER! SALLY FIELDS! and stuff like that... then they'd probably would hang out and want to play.

Nah, that's too easy. We tend to focus on the ones with folks like Ward Bond, Jack Elam, Walter Brennan, Harry Carrey, Jr, Ken Curtis, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre and Mike Muzurki. You know, the real actors. The more obscure, the better.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nah, that's too easy. We tend to focus on the ones with folks like Ward Bond, Jack Elam, Walter Brennan, Harry Carrey, Jr, Ken Curtis, Sydney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre and Mike Muzurki. You know, the real actors.
:asian: I humbly bow to your wonderful choices... I thought nobody watched those old REAL movies anymore, that I was the only one.

Bogart, Grant, Gable, Wayne, Cooper, Wells, Powell, Randolf Scott, E.G. Robertson, Houston, Tracey, Flynn, Cagney, Raines, Bellamy, Laughton, Fonda, McCrea and dozens more should be added to that list as well eh?
And of course lets not forget the great Mifune! :asian:

But I see you are choosing the supporting actors... all of which are great choices in of by themselves. :asian:

MarkBarlow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If things are too evenly matched, we start yelling out trivia about the actors themselves. Did you know that Neville Brand was the second most decorated soldier in WWII or that David Niven was a true to life commando in WWII and a Sandhurst graduate? Or that Walter Buchanan was a lawyer before becoming an actor and Jack Elam was in PR before getting into show business. I liked actors when they had real educations and still kept their opinions to themselves.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If things are too evenly matched, we start yelling out trivia about the actors themselves. Did you know that Neville Brand was the second most decorated soldier in WWII or that David Niven was a true to life commando in WWII and a Sandhurst graduate? Or that Walter Buchanan was a lawyer before becoming an actor and Jack Elam was in PR before getting into show business. I liked actors when they had real educations and still kept their opinions to themselves.
Yep... lots of great interesting stuff to learn about these guys (and gals). A lot of the big name actors did actually serve during the BIG ONE and some in combat. Wouldn't find any of todays actors fighting it out in Iraq now would we?

Anyway we're drifting OFF TOPIC here...

Fun is.... uhh... going caving with my MA friends? :uhyeah:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
try opening a can of tuna fish with two cats
Try opening tuna with two cats and the ASPCA will be all over you. You should always use a can opener to open that tuna.

Fun is: Just me and the wife in my jeep so far back in the woods that we blazing new trail.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Try opening tuna with two cats and the ASPCA will be all over you. You should always use a can opener to open that tuna.
:lol:

Fun is: Just me and the wife in my jeep so far back in the woods that we blazing new trail.

Yeah I'd go with that... I do it myself sometimes... except without the "wife"... but I'm working on that mmm' kay?

TheOriginalName

Blue Belt
Reaction score
FUN is ......

Watching two cats hunt down a huntsman spider! Hours of entertainment there.

FUN is ......

stepping out of the customs security area at the airport and yelling out to the waiting crowd "it's me".

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or 3 of our 6 cats chasing a fly...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fun is... watching a dog chase a spider, when the spider is trying frantically to get away, and the dog is trying just as hard to trap without getting too close

Fun is... watching a dog try to get a squirrel of a power line, while the squirrel teases the dog, knowing the dog can't get that high.

Or are we sticking to cats here?

Latest Discussions