Fun Friday: Gunting Translations

D

Dylan9d

Brian thanks for sharing this. I think you are a very talented teacher and if I lived in the US I would definitly take lessons from you.

Can I ask you a different question? What the thing on your head is it like a hearing aid? If you don't want to answer that it's fine. I just noticed it and was wondering.......

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm actually in the Toronto, Canada area, having moved up here in 2007. My wife being Canadian and all that. :)

No problem to your question. The thing on my head is a cochlear implant. I have one on both sides. Hearing aids were becoming less and less helpful and so by summer of 2012, the hearing in my left ear was essentially shot. Had the cochlear implant surgery on the left side in 2013 and the right side in 2015. It's been great! If you have more questions, fire away. I like sharing my experiences about this.

D

Dylan9d

I'm actually in the Toronto, Canada area, having moved up here in 2007. My wife being Canadian and all that. :)

No problem to your question. The thing on my head is a cochlear implant. I have one on both sides. Hearing aids were becoming less and less helpful and so by summer of 2012, the hearing in my left ear was essentially shot. Had the cochlear implant surgery on the left side in 2013 and the right side in 2015. It's been great! If you have more questions, fire away. I like sharing my experiences about this.

Well my sister-in-law is 34 years old and she is using the usual hearing aids, without them she can't hear anything, she says it's really nice sometimes to turn them off, because my little brother can talk like a full room of women :)

OP
Brian Johns

Brian Johns

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Too funny! I did that a lot when I was a kid. If my parents were chewing me out for something I did, I just turned my hearing aids off. Always infuriated them. :)

Latest Discussions